Aztec and Featherz came today

Mary Beth is right!! It may look scary but its not. You will have an Ah Ha moment when you us the templates and Read the book or as I call it the recipes. That was my down fall ... not reading the instructions!!! And if you still have questions, call Michael and Kay, or ask one of us. Have fun and let us know how its going!!!:P:P:P

Mary Beth is right!! It may look scary but its not. You will have an Ah Ha moment when you us the templates and Read the book or as I call it the recipes. That was my down fall ... not reading the instructions!!! And if you still have questions, call Michael and Kay, or ask one of us. Have fun and let us know how its going!!!:P:P:P

Hi Sylvia,

There is a "sort of" Circle Lord section here on the APQS forum

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=62

However, for me finding the CL comments sort of gets mixed in with the general forum messages here at APQS as I never think to go read just that section.

I know how you feel about the new Aztec and workbook you just received. I looked at mine in anticipation of using it on a friendship star quilt yesterday, and got totally lost reading the workbook. I have used it on a practice piece, but have since forgotten the whole concept. I just set it aside and having decided to line dance the quilt instead.

I just need to spend more time practicing with this disc I know--- I'm also taking some of Deb Levys CL classes at MQ Resources forum. They have been very helpful. Most have been on templates I don't own though---and the Aztec and Featherz videos are not until Nov. and Dec. That is a long way off--- I just need to immerse myself in learning this this method of quilting more thoroughly as what I've done has been very enjoyable.

Hi Sylvia,

There is a "sort of" Circle Lord section here on the APQS forum

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=62

However, for me finding the CL comments sort of gets mixed in with the general forum messages here at APQS as I never think to go read just that section.

I know how you feel about the new Aztec and workbook you just received. I looked at mine in anticipation of using it on a friendship star quilt yesterday, and got totally lost reading the workbook. I have used it on a practice piece, but have since forgotten the whole concept. I just set it aside and having decided to line dance the quilt instead.

I just need to spend more time practicing with this disc I know--- I'm also taking some of Deb Levys CL classes at MQ Resources forum. They have been very helpful. Most have been on templates I don't own though---and the Aztec and Featherz videos are not until Nov. and Dec. That is a long way off--- I just need to immerse myself in learning this this method of quilting more thoroughly as what I've done has been very enjoyable.

Sylvia,

Don't look at the Aztec book until you do the following.

Try this on a pratice piece.

Everything below depends on the fact that you have the CL set up correctly. If it does not work in any way write me.

First, postion the Cl on the front and lock it with the red handle.

Position the baseplate close to the Crossbar (8 inches), over the baseplate support.

Put the stylus in the center post and center the baseplate

with the Center Clamp loose and the Black Knob tight.

You will know it is centered because the needle will be in the

center of your fabric.

Put the Aztec on the baseplate.

Make sure everything is locked.

Put the stylus in the center Scallop groove at the left end (there are several stacked.)

Without sewing move the stylus thru the groove to other end.

Then put the needle down.

Lift the stylus with your right hand, lift the template slightly,at 7 oclock ,and move the template clockwise two holes, and drop it back over the pin.

Drop the stylus in the groove and move it to the other end.

the stylus may not drop directly as there is some machine movement.

You have to raise the needle first for this demo, but normally

you will be sewing in needle down postion, so you just stop

moving, and lift the stylus, and rotate the template.

Now try it sewing. You will repeat thru 8 segments to make

a circlular scallop pattern.

Once you have done this all the rest of the templates work

the same way with some variation.

With the feathers, you don't have to lift the stylus.

Try this simple example and let us know how it goes.

Others who are reading this, please let me know if this makes sense.

Cheers,

Michael

Sylvia,

Don't look at the Aztec book until you do the following.

Try this on a pratice piece.

Everything below depends on the fact that you have the CL set up correctly. If it does not work in any way write me.

First, postion the Cl on the front and lock it with the red handle.

Position the baseplate close to the Crossbar (8 inches), over the baseplate support.

Put the stylus in the center post and center the baseplate

with the Center Clamp loose and the Black Knob tight.

You will know it is centered because the needle will be in the

center of your fabric.

Put the Aztec on the baseplate.

Make sure everything is locked.

Put the stylus in the center Scallop groove at the left end (there are several stacked.)

Without sewing move the stylus thru the groove to other end.

Then put the needle down.

Lift the stylus with your right hand, lift the template slightly,at 7 oclock ,and move the template clockwise two holes, and drop it back over the pin.

Drop the stylus in the groove and move it to the other end.

the stylus may not drop directly as there is some machine movement.

You have to raise the needle first for this demo, but normally

you will be sewing in needle down postion, so you just stop

moving, and lift the stylus, and rotate the template.

Now try it sewing. You will repeat thru 8 segments to make

a circlular scallop pattern.

Once you have done this all the rest of the templates work

the same way with some variation.

With the feathers, you don't have to lift the stylus.

Try this simple example and let us know how it goes.

Others who are reading this, please let me know if this makes sense.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived