Moda Bake Shop~ Quilted shower curtain!

Guest LA

I did a (batik) pieced shower curtain for a friend. SHe loves it and uses a vinyl linner to protect it. It had a batik backing with (prewashed)muslin as the batting. It seems to me that Bonnie suggested a light weight batting but it wasn't available to me at the time. I was also warned that regular batting would be heavy if it accidently got wet. It can be a challenge to get the tension set as there is no batting to sink the stitches into...if that makes sense. It looked great.

I have done these before too.... with no batting and one with a thin Poly... worked great! The last hotel we were at had a mesh instert towards the top of the curtain. I really like how that let in more light to the shower.... I think I would be tempted to give this a try for myself!

I have done these before too.... with no batting and one with a thin Poly... worked great! The last hotel we were at had a mesh instert towards the top of the curtain. I really like how that let in more light to the shower.... I think I would be tempted to give this a try for myself!

Originally posted by (name removed)
I can wash the quilted curtain & toss the liner when it wears out. That's my plan any way! :)

I have been known to wash my plastic shower curtain liner in the wash machine. I also add a wee bit of bleach in the wash water and it removes any mold or mildew, too. Works like a charm and comes out looking like new again!

PS: Don't put it in the dryer... :D (....just sayin' )

Originally posted by (name removed)
I can wash the quilted curtain & toss the liner when it wears out. That's my plan any way! :)

I have been known to wash my plastic shower curtain liner in the wash machine. I also add a wee bit of bleach in the wash water and it removes any mold or mildew, too. Works like a charm and comes out looking like new again!

PS: Don't put it in the dryer... :D (....just sayin' )

Dory & Heidi,, My ankle,,,should be baring weight after the 12th,

I must admit that I am afraid to walk my dog again, I have bad dreams that she is dragging me down hills chasing stupid squirrels again!!:o

Linda R. must be a grommet conspiracy out there! :P

THERMORE,, you can buy it at most quilt shops

Shana,, bleach or Oxy clean saves the day,, I miss Billy Mays!:(

Dory & Heidi,, My ankle,,,should be baring weight after the 12th,

I must admit that I am afraid to walk my dog again, I have bad dreams that she is dragging me down hills chasing stupid squirrels again!!:o

Linda R. must be a grommet conspiracy out there! :P

THERMORE,, you can buy it at most quilt shops

Shana,, bleach or Oxy clean saves the day,, I miss Billy Mays!:(

I have made shower curtains before...lets see about 18 years ago. It wasn't pieced, but I crocheted (I know I spelled that wrong or it one of those words to me that never looks right) a laced edge with a space to run a ribbon through it. It was fun. I may have to make another one now!

No offense...I didn't like Billy May. He was to obnoxious for me.

Dory,

I have stitched a customer quilt with no batting. She just wanted a really light summer quilt.

But is it truly a quilt with no batting?

I have made shower curtains before...lets see about 18 years ago. It wasn't pieced, but I crocheted (I know I spelled that wrong or it one of those words to me that never looks right) a laced edge with a space to run a ribbon through it. It was fun. I may have to make another one now!

Dory,

I have stitched a customer quilt with no batting. She just wanted a really light summer quilt.

But is it truly a quilt with no batting?

Thanks for sharing that Linda... really cute and I need something new to change out in our main bath. Think I even have the fabric to do it with.

Good to hear of progress of ankle.. keep it healing and no more nightmares..

RitaR

Thanks for sharing that Linda... really cute and I need something new to change out in our main bath. Think I even have the fabric to do it with.

Good to hear of progress of ankle.. keep it healing and no more nightmares..

RitaR

Originally posted by Stagecl

Definitely for sure he was obnoxious! :P That was (what they refer to in showbiz) his "schtick" -- his "gimmick" He stood out in a crowd; he talked like this on purpose so that's what "made" him the showbiz character he was.

I am sure he did not talk like that in real life during normal conversation.

Originally posted by Stagecl

Definitely for sure he was obnoxious! :P That was (what they refer to in showbiz) his "schtick" -- his "gimmick" He stood out in a crowd; he talked like this on purpose so that's what "made" him the showbiz character he was.

I am sure he did not talk like that in real life during normal conversation.

Shana,

I flipped the channel when Billy was doing a commercial. I couldn't take it so the advertising was not a good ploy for enticing me to buy the product. Sort of like Mr Whipple with the Charmin commercials. I don't buy that brand of toilet paper either.:o:o

I've made one and used flannel instead of batting. Worked great. Also, since I wanted to use a "disposable" liner, I sewed little buttons on the back so I could button the purchased liner to the curtain. I'm dangerous to myself so no hammer and grommets; I made tabs.

Archived