Words of Friendship quilt........

Hi all, I thought this turned out kinda cute. It is a very small walhanging for a client, and she said "It needs something, I just don't know what" She told me it was a gift for a friend that did a huge favor for her, so I asked her to give me some words that decribed this person. Then I just marked the base lines and just started quilting words accross. I think it's just what the quilt needed.

Hi Caron, ;)

It is just perfect!

I bet you have a good feeling all over after quilting that one.

I love the terms of endearment & kind words, what a special gift! :)

Caron this is just too cool. I love your approach to this one. I will give this a try myself when the right one comes along. If fact I just might do this with my daughters I hope to get finished by Christmas. I wonder if I could write it backwards so it would be readable from the back. HUMMMMM to cool.

DUHHH I could just quilt from back. I almost forgot. lol

I had the same idea Caron:

But my hand writing is't some thing that I would want put on a quit. :(

So I thought that if I could print it out on the computer, you know use a pretty font, get the spelling right, & all the letters the same size, it wouldn't look to bad.

I had thought that on a baby quilt, you could put the baby's name, wieght, date ect. even the names of the whole family. or something personal, like a phrase, or a poem..................:)

Just a thought ;)

Archived