This one is kind of cute

I really like the way this one turned out. The thread was the KingTut blue,purple,turquoise, and green variegated. I used dark yellow in the bobbin to match the backing. I had a 3.5 needle in the machine and the top tension was loosened and the bobbin was tightened just a little bit. There are still dots of bobbin thread on the top, but they aren't bad and they actually blend into the colors of the quilt, so it looks pretty good. The quilting pattern was freehand. I just started and this is what came out. It is based on one of Darlene Epp's patterns.

Thanks for the compliments. I think it is very cute. I sent a copy of the picture to the owner and she really likes it. She might even keep it for herself instead of giving it to charity.

On her other quilts I have done more of a basic meandering, like she requested. But I couldn't resist on this one.

Leslie, I don't know how I kept it even. I have just been practicing that swirling thing lately. I guess it just seems natural now because I've been doing it so much.

Archived