PATT JO IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!

Well my guess is girls that she has taken Denny's Ruler attachment and made her own, attached the Westlee base to it, and then drilled her ruler to fit it, so that she can turn NOW any ruler that she has in her stack so that it can be used in any direction she so desires.

She has the Westalee crosshatch rulers that come with many arms, some wavy. The arms can be swiveled in many ways for different degrees. She then attached the system to PVC ala Denny Rech so it can be attach to the leveling bar for stability.

The d-cups are lights and appear to have batting inserted between them and the machine, perhaps for vibration issues.

Thank you Melora, I may keep mine afterall.

Linda and Bonnie your explaination is so much better then mine. Thank you. I was so excitied and still am. I did take a series of pics for Patty Jo so she has a step by step of what was done since she sells the westlee rulers. However Linda Rechs attachment can't be beat. The trick is to use silicone screw and counter sink them so your roller bar does not get scratched. You have to get silicone screws at finer hardware stores(at leat here in Portland)

Mary and Slyvia the "D" cups are lights when I first got my machine years ago I swapped out the wheels and the lights. The light bar killed your visual field. The lights are "Lack" lights from Ikea. They are attached with velcrow. It may look like batting becasue I sometimes over Oil (not on purpose) and it causes the glue in the velcrow to stop working so they slowly fall. The wires are twist tied (yes garbage twist ties) to my on board bobbinn winder stuff (never used onboard winder and they no longer put them on machines) There was a huge discussion years ago so if you search "from the beginning" and use the word "lack" you should be able to find it. I use vecrow becasue at some point you will need to replace them. I have two, sets they come in a pack of two. So I have four lights, two in the front which you can see and two right behind that.

This is just too cool

Melora

Melora - I'm so glad that your idea worked. GOOD JOB GIRL. :D

Bonnie & Lynda are both very smart! Yes, she adapted a Westalee Cross Hatch ruler to PVC pipe and snapped it onto the leveler bar and it makes it much easier to use on our APQS machines. The Westalee CH rulers come in straight, curvey, wavey, clamshells, etc.....Go to Quilter's Rule web site and check out the attachments that go on the base and now all are more usable for APQS owners. These last 2 shows are the first time that I've had the curvey, wavey ones in stock. Melora's 2nd picture is a circle maker that attaches. It's amazing. :D

Joy,

Patty Jo sells the rulers. Both the black bar (not using the right term) and the adapter has holes. The black bar with holes is for doing standard degrees of crosshathing Like 45, 60, 90 to name a few. They sell different kinds of rulers like curves wavy etc. The clear acrylic extension piece is so you can do horizontal also . What I would order with this is the extra black srews. they are very easy to misplace, trust me.

Carreen, my husband took photos of his process so when I get his camera I will be sending them to Patty Jo I will send them to you if you u2u me your e-mail address. I am a visual person myself

Melora

the Black Bar is called the "Cross Hatch Base". The first picture has one of our wave rulers on it where you can do large areas with wavy cross hatching. The clear piece in the 2nd pic, holds any of the other pieces (straight, wavy, or the circle maker which is what Melora has in the picture) in a vertical to the bar position. Many pieces can be used on the Cross Hatch Base. Melora's idea is an adaptation to be able to use this on our APQS machines by adding a PVC piece like Denny & Linda Rech devoloped for their Cross Hatch rulers.

Archived