K2000 or 505 Spray

I like and use 505 often for embroidery and quilting. One note...I have found 505 does not stick well to polyester batting. Also, make sure you get your machine as far away as possible from the work area when spraying. The spray can get inside the machines and gum them up. I have seen the results of this several time on domestic sewing machines used for embroidery. I make sure to slide Millie as far away as I can from where I am spraying even if just "a little squirt" if I have to spray while project is on the frame.

VIckie,I use 505 and the last time I went to Jan's quilt shop I bought a can of stuff that cleans the 505 off. It's by the came company. It's out in the shop and it's cold outside! And I'm in for the night. I'll go out and check it in the morning after it warms up above freezing!!!! and let you know the name.

If your looking for just a temp spray and don't need it to hold for more than say 3-4 days then either one is a great product, but if you are needing it to hold for a bit longer then I use the Sullivan's Basting spray...it stays stuck till it's washed out...

Before I got my longarm I would need to spray King sized quilts together so I could just the DSM to do the quilting... then after I got the LA, I would still use it to baste the quilts to do the ditch work as I couldn't do that with the old ULT II it didn't have a SR, and I wasn't steady enough to hold it well enough.

Guest Linda S

I use the new Sulky K2000 - it's environmentally friendly and doesn't reek like the old stuff. It's only temporary, you can re-position it, and it will go away - providing you don't wash it before it has disappeared.

Archived