Not enough hours in a day!

I just got the new Millie and can't get to quilting. Darn! I am so busy with my craft shows and custom orders, I don't have time to quilt. Everytime I walk pass my Millie, I yearn to quilt something, but I don't have the time. I'm making jams and jellies for Christmas, a wedding dress, alterations, etc. There really isn't enough hours in a day for me. I haven't even got my Christmas tree up yet. When I think about that, it'll take one day to decorate it and I just can't give up a day. I can't wait until Christmas is over, then I may be able to sew and quilt what I want to do. There just isn't enough hours in a day. I need an extra 8 hours added on to a day then maybe I could finish what I need to do. Anyone feel frustrated like me?

Oh Catherine, those small bananas were great! I ate most of them myself. Apple banana? And the banana jam was awesome!! Thanks for being such a great friend and mentor.

Hi, Hitomi,

I know exactly how you feel! I work full time but I have a few vacation days to burn before Christmas, and I so want to quilt! Instead, my days consist of cleaning, doing laundry, painting (house painting, not the fun kind!), cleaning closets, etc. We have been remodeling for a while and now have decided to move in the spring. I have a feeling this is how my weekends will go for some time. My new machine will be here mid-January and I know I will want to do nothing but quilt...but unfortunately I know she will spend a lot of time just sitting idle! :( But the good thing is she will be there if I need her! Good luck to you...take a day for yourself and quilt!

This from the person who never sleeps! You might not have 8 extra hours, but you can get 8 extra hands -- make the kids & DH put up the decorations & tree (that's what I always did; now I just don't decorate much.) I also mostly quilt making jam when I got my machine. When you cost it out, including the fuel to cook it, you don't make enough selling them to justify it. That said, I'm going to make cookies.

Glad you liked the apple bananas, I will have more coming on soon.

I feel the same way...there just doesn't seem time for anything right now. I am moved in to my new house and we are unpacked, but I have to do customer quilts and do customer appointments all the way to the end of the year :(

This leaves me with no time to bake Christmas cookies, watch any Christmas movies or do any of my own sewing. I even had to put an undecorated wreath on our front door because I don't have time to decorate it...oh and did I mention that it is 2 weeks before Christmas and I still have NO Christmas presents bought or wrapped for anyone!

I am feeling very rushed.

O.K. all of you...glad I'm not the only one that is not ready for Xmas. I don't have enough time in a day to do what needs to be done either. We are still working on my quilting studio so poor Melia is sitting in her box in our living room/dinning room pathway. I'm hoping by the end of next week all the painting and flooring will be done. Perhaps I will have one week to do some baking and enough time to get Xmas parcels done. We can do it gals, we can do it....we are very good at multitasking...aren't we?

Archived