Sewing Machine Advice

Hi Ladies,

A friend of mine is looking at some different options for a sewing/embroidery/quilting machine and has gotten interested in a Babylock Ellisimo. Since I am a Bernina/APQS girl, I don't know a thing about Babylocks so I was wondering if any of you have any experience with this machine, both pros and cons, would you mind giving me some feedback so that I can share your opinions with her?

Thanks a lot! :):)

Guest Linda S

I'm a Bernina gal myself, but I do believe that Babylock makes a good machine. I know Brother makes great embroidery machines (at least from the stand-point of easy to use). I intend to get a Brother embroidery machine soon.

I was a Singer girl myself for many years and absolutely loved my Singer Quantum XL 1000 and their serger. I own a Phaff Quilt Expression 4.0. and a Phaff Cover stitch 4874?? This year I got the machine of my dreams - the BabyLock Symphony and the Evolution serger sight unseen. What wonderful machines. A site you may want to check out which is loaded with a lot of information is Pattern Review. They review sewing machines, sergers etc. etc. The Ellisimo is highly rated. I don't know if you have Consumer Report in the States but it is worthwhile checking into this site as well.

My preference is by far BabyLock - their instructions are explicit, easy to understand and execute, and the machines have the best stitching ever. I could go one and on but I think you get the drift. Please note I am not employed or involved with any of the above mentioned companies. This is simply my personal opinion. If your friend would like more info, send me a you to you or email me. Hope this helps

I have the Bernina 820 (didn't need the 830 embroidery capable model) and the Brother Quattro (same as the Babylock Ellisimo). I actually like the Quattro better!! It has all kinds of goodies, especially for embroidery and is a lot cheaper then the Bernina. The Brother/Babylock embroidery software is the best!!

I have Pfaff (the German made ones) and love them. Lot's of friends have Baby Lock/Brother. They really like them. Comments - easy to use and manuals are very well written. They last. The only negative that I have heard/noticed ( at group sew ins) they are noisy and really vibrate. I was sitting next to my friend with her new Brother and the whole table vibrated when she sewed. The Pfaffs are obviously much quieter---

Jane

I have a babylock Ellure and a bernina440QE with an upgraded embroidery program. Both are nice machines. I have a friend with the newest Bernina (NOT the 8 ) and a friend with the newest Babylock. Both seem happy as clams. The babylock is a little more user friendly i think. Sit down and try the same things on both at the dealers. Take your time!!

Archived