M&M wheels for Lenni ???

Please could some kind person put us poor Lenni owners out of our misery:P:P:P.

Are there M&M wheels for the Lenni on the standard table ?

Or are the M&M wheels only available for the Blissed Lenni.?

With everyone's positive comments on the M&M's for the other APQS machines, I am feeling left out.;)

I find it hard to understand why APQS cannot make these wheels fit the Lenni for the standard table.

APQS Please please consider this.

Hi Kath,

After getting excited yesterday when mentioned in another post that they were available for Lennis, I asked Mark today when I took my machine for a service, and unfortunately no they are not yet available for our Lennis with vertical set up !!! seems they are only available on the horizontal table, so unless we want to get a new table with bliss which to me sounds like the only way to get them at the moment. They are apparantly quite alot wider wheels than our wheels, and the spacing etc, won't fit our table.

I am crying too !!!!!

Hi Kath and Janette, if wheels were an option I would do that before bliss, put I have a feeling the design of our frames is the reason they cannot make it work. From Irene's response to her new bliss sytem I will probably order it in April, after tax season here. I wish I had waited to order my Lenni if I new they were going to change the frame!

Thanks Jannete , Linzi,

This is what I suspected anyway. I have to say I do feel a little let down.

Even though I would buy the Bliss table I could afford it. I am still having a hard time understanding why it is so expensive. The Bliss costs more for the Lenni than it does for the Millie.

Oh well sorry for the rant. :):):)

Hi Karen,

It is like computers, the minute you buy one, the next it is outdated.

With shipping etc, it is too much for me to upgrade to bliss (unfortunately) I live in hope that someone somewhere in APQS is designing some M&M wheels for us.

The cost of the upgrade to bliss is almost half of the original cost of my Lenni.

Of course you being in the states Karen, makes it alot more affordable to you.

My husband is an engineer in precision bearings, and he reckons he can make me some (I am not sure that I believe him though!!!:P

M&M wheels are not available for the upright wheels. You don't have to upgrade to the full blown Bliss for Lenni at $4000.00. You can do the Bliss ready rail with 8 M&M wheels for a $3000.00 upgrade. I know, it is not a major difference, but you can do this first and see how it is, then add the bliss rod and carriage bearings for $1000.00 later, if you choose. It makes it a bit easier to chew.

I'm not going to go into the cost of "why"... that has been discussed alot in the past.

What are you not getting at $3000. It seems like it would be cheaper to sell what I have and buy new with bliss what is the cost of Lenni with the Bliss, as one package? I like the size of Lenni I could never go for a larger head, I don't have the space, plus I can reach the back bar from the front.

Originally posted by Janette

Thanks for the info Patty, does that $3000 include a new carriage then?

Yes, you get a new carriage, new axles with the m&m wheels, new horizontal rails and new sidearms to hold the rollers. You just about get a whole new table.

You would also get new SR encoders.

Good question Kath. I suspect we may be better off selling our Lennis second hand in UK and buying completely new machine and table, then there are no obsolete and unused table parts !! $11,900 (blissed Lenni) less $4000 = $7,900 so you would have to get $7,900 for your current Lenni and table set up for to have the same cash outlay (excluding shipping and imports etc for us Kath and what we would be able to sell for in the UK as demand is not as high??)

Sorry, just thinking out loud.

Umm Janette, thats the thing, I dont think it would be that easy to sell here in the UK, and with the recession and such, I cannot see many people wanting to pay what we would like to get.

Lottery win needed I think, or for me if my sisters and I could get the house sold.

Must add for others reading this post, it must sound like I hate my poor Lenni.:) I don't honestly:D.

Yes me too, actually I love my Lenni too, and today after its service it is smoother, after taking my carriage off my table too, there was thread wrapped around one of the wheels which I have now removed, that could have something to do with it too !!! and Mark found thread wrapped around the bobbin casing area, (cant remember what that is called) and he took it all out for me and retimed it.

The lennis are light and smooth anyway, and perfectly fine, I wish I had the 12 foot table too (well at least when I get more space for it)

Anyway I really must go to bed, it is nearly 1 am.

Archived