Irena Bluhms new longarm templates

I recieved an email from Irena Bluhm about her new longarm templates. Has anyone else seen these or tried them.

They do look interesting and am wondering what any of you might think.

I have added a link but it is rather long, hope it works.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=bgivvgdab&v=001UGlpv9WiH3W1JdhGFxzaSV4PqiSfoIs0UKJhfGOcMKulxgG5v_Y-dVT2bdsknSuLbdvHXSuLlRoag61LSM7vMwi9tUsBi569Y4uMPFKHZ6bBovDS3QfDbQ%3D%3D

Kath,

In reading the ad, only one of the rulers (if you buy the 5 pc. set) is used for stitching on a longarm. The other 4 are used for marking, and are thinner.

I can't picture when or where I would use this. It's just a shape you mark around. But maybe it would be good to put in a corner of a quilt?

Thanks for posting, I love to see what's new on the market, and I hadn't seen these yet.

I did buy Rhonda's Ruler set after seeing it posted here and watching the video.

I do like Irena's work and hope to take one of her classes in the future. I browsed her website trying to find where I could sign up for a newsletter, with no luck so far.

I stand corrected, in looking at her quilt samples, I can see using that design (and marking rulers) on the type of quilts she makes......quilt first, color second.

It would be a good design to use in a circular design, using it 4 to 6 times around in a circle, ever how many would fit.

Thanks for that Georgene, I had not read it properly, and did not realize that 4 of the rulers where for marking.

I would like to see a little more info on them. They might be good for someone like me who is a little challenged when marking designs on quilt tops.:D

Irena had prototypes of these at her classes at Innovations. We got to use them to mark on a white board and fill with feathers. It wasn't a hands-on class so we didn't use them as templates.

They worked great--each half will mark a spine--flip--mark the mirror--flip to any other outside shape to mark the boundary--flip--mark the mirror. Now you have a nice shape to fill with feathers.

As others have said, the uses might be limited, but all those curves are great for marking spines even if you don't have a spot for the specific shapes.

Irena is awesome and have spent alot of time talking with her @ MQS and have some of her books. I'm loving the idea of templates for marking mirrored designs. MMM thinking that if you are working on a quilt that you need to have those mirrored spines to fit a space it wouldn't be hard to make your own with some poster board or template plastic.

Hello everyone,

Hope you don't mind me chiming in on this lovely discussion. If you have more questions, just feel free to ask. I will stand by for the next few days and answer them all.

Bluhm’s Plumes Template sets:

These brand new template sets have been developed for all quilters to enjoy. There is nothing like these templates on the market! This very unique design concept will empower and inspire every quilter to create their own quilting patterns to be used with no restrictions. If you enjoy using lots of gadgets, you will enjoy using these unique templates.

There are two sets: one for domestic sewing machine quilters and another one for longarm quilters. The 4 pieces set for domestic machine quilters is meant for marking only. Both sets are identical, except for the 5 piece set for longarm quilters has an additional template A1 cut from ¼” thick acrylic and it is used for stitching on a longarm quilting machine.

The 5 piece set and the 4 piece set come with a 48 page user’s guide/design ideas booklet. All quilters would be able to create their own design variations and use them without any restrictions on their own or their customer’s quilts. Once you learn how to play with these templates by trying designs from the booklet, the rest will be a breeze and lots of fun!

This Bluhm’s Plumes set #1 which has been introduced to the market just few days ago is one of the larger sets. There will be multiple sets in few different sizes introduced to the market as time goes by.

Ideas for the use of these template sets:

All sets have been developed with a purpose to empower and inspire all quilters to create their own quilting patterns without any restrictions.

The smaller stem templates can be used for marking and stitching designs in blocks and borders in any imaginable arrangements.

Each template can be used to create very complex designs in a circular array as main design element, or used in design of negative spaces of any quilt.

All templates can be used for marking design boxes and filling them in with all kinds of feathers, background fillers, or curved and regular cross hatching designs.

Each quilter would be able to use these templates to design their own quilting patterns, publish and market them as they desire with no restrictions.

Each template can be used to design reversible and regular appliqué patterns as well. There are no limits, and no restrictions on how these templates can be used in quilting, design and marking.

I hope that the above information does clarify some questions about these brand new templates.

Orders are coming in each day and soon we will have some feedback from customers who are using these templates.

My brand new website is work in progress. It will take few more weeks to develop, but once it is up and running, I will have downloadable patterns and information, feedback from customers, blog, picture gallery, video clips etc.

Irena Bluhm

www.irenabluhmscreations.com

Irena, it is wonderful to see you on the APQS forum. Thank you so much for the explanation on your new templates, you are definately tempting me:D

Living in the UK I have only been able to watch you longarm quilting on the quiltschool.com website. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed watching your video's.

I am sure I am not just speaking for myself but please stay a while, we are a very friendly bunch:D

I ordered my set last week and cant wait till they arrive!! I purchased Irena's 2 feather videos as a present to myself and my friend for Christmas and have not been disappointed. Having viewed many feather videos, I think Irena's is one of the best. So on that video and her excellent books, I jumped right in and ordered her templates knowing she produces excellent products and has no restrictions on her works and gives permission for her designs to be freely used. Not affiliated, just a satisfied quilter customer and admirer!!

Archived