M&M Wheels - New Experiences So Far

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the new wheels. As I was saying before, just bought a 2002 Milli (may call her Aphrodite since I got her so close to Valentine's) and she came with tons of supplies. My DH had jerry rigged the wheel that was missing a spacer and it worked well. After reading on here, I called my local dealer - Connie who is a stitch, I love her. Yippee she had M&M wheels in stock.

Turned out to be a good thing that I did. When Rob (DH) took the machine off and flipped it over to put them on, he discovered that it looks like someone took the wheels off before and put them back together incorrectly. With the new wheels, it was like WOW. I traced a pantograph and it came out really good - first time ever, it didn't look like a drunk quilter did one.

All 3 of my kids have been having a blast as well. They are really excited about the machine and I've had to kick them off just to practice.

I also had my first encounter with the gone crazy needle up and down cycle. And as someone here said, yelling no, stop, doesn't work, but the dog sat really fast! I love this forum, a quick search and a few screw turns and voila, better than new!

BTW, thank you for the warm welcome. What a fantastic group - let's just say the local PTA could stand to learn a thing or twenty from y'all.

Julie in TX

Guest Linda S

I absolutely LOVE the M&M wheels. The biggest difference I've found so far is that I can echo with such ease -- it's like it's just a natural movement instead of fighting to follow the shape. I've always been a good back-tracker, but that's because I would slow way down. I can back-track much more quickly now too.

Guest Linda S

Caroline - I have to agree with Myrna. I too had just put the edgeriders on my machine, and I wasn't too happy about having wasted the money. The difference was well worth the expense.

Linda

Myrna - I appreciate the offer and would buy from you in a pinch, but I just shipped my machine to APQS for servicing. I was kind of thinking that if I got them through APQS they would put them on for me while it is there! However, I have to think about this for a bit because it is already costing me a lot for the shipping and the repairs and I need to consider the extra $$$.

But at least now I know that it is worth it.

Archived