Is There A Way to Circle Lord Very Small Swirls

Sparkle

Is there a any way to make these small 4" inch designs using any part of my Circle Lord.

I have the single large Swirl or Circle type board, however thecenter swirl part is to large.

I have the Swirls long boards, but the friend I'm doing this quilt for does not want that design. She wants these small 4" swirls centered in every block.

I'm finding it difficult to keep a good consistent swirl with even spacing. I thought how much easier it would be if I could use the stepping disk or some type of small "Swirl" design board in each 4" block.

Or if anyone has a better idea for doing these perfectly. Please let me know. Thank you.

post--13461905746861_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the reply Linda, but I'm not sure if my Circle Lord stylus will work with the R & S board, and also I would have to move it along the frame surface each time for each 4" block-- I think---

I was hoping there is a way to make this particular design with a stepping disk (perhaps), or ?

Angie, Circle Lord has a round 3" spiral on the Starz design template. This might be the perfect size for your 4" block, leaving just 1/2" on all sides of the spiral. There is also a 2" x 4" oval spiral on the Heartz template. Both of these design templates make such pretty designs, and I love to use the Starz on QOV.

Here's a link directly to the Circle Lord web site showing the templates.

http://circlelordquartet.blogspot.com/

Thanks Mary! I am picky about this quilt as the friend will want it to look perfect! We had a long conversation regarding the design, I wanted to do the Circle Lord board or the CL Baptist Fan.

She was adamant about this design at the time...I'm sending her audition pictures, and may have worn her down! I want to use the Swirl board in the middle section of the quilt and feather the border.

I know looking close up ---one can get picky, but I just don't like this design in general on this quilt top. I'm being contrary too! :)

I guess. :)

Archived