Yummy Fibers for my Shaw

Hi everyone,

I have started on my Silk/fiber shaw. What do you think about the colors? Myrna did a great job picking them out. This is my fall colored one. This is just a few of what I have going into it.

This is the first 1/4th and I have to baste as I move thru and then the fun willl begin.

Stay tuned.

I have the shaw drying out now. I do have some thin spots but that is so easy to correct. The colors are really awesome.

Not sure what else I will do yet. I want to add something on the neck area. The fibers shifted and it looks odd but I like the imperfections about it. I think they are totally cool!!!

PS. The angelina will melt if ironed, right?

I can't wait to do it again. This time I am going to use alot more fibers.

Myrna if you have a suggestion on how I can finish this please share. It is really pretty in person though. I cannot believe I DID IT.

Well I have a few bald spots but I will remedy that this evening and I plan to go ahead and cut down the center front. I think I will latch hook another fiber or blanket stitch a heavy nice yarn of some kind on the edges and the neck line to dress it up. I'm going to look at it for alittle while. Hard to get really good embellishment here.

I may have to wait until Houston where I can find something to really JAZZ it up. lol

I think for my first one it came out great. My daughter whos 20 saw it and said it is the Ugliest thing she has ever seen. lol

What does a 20 year old college student know about STYLE? LOLOLOLOL

Leslie they will get stuck. I used caution when going over them. I only had it pop thru the Water Soluable twice. I stopped and blew out my bobbin case very often as a caution to keep it clean during the stitching process.

I changed to smaller needle 3.5. I will probly not use this type again. My first lesson. The long flat yarn was not any trouble.

I only have alittle of it in and could see it.

Good question by the way. Glad you noticed. I hope to get some really good fibers at Houston so I can do a really classy one.

I think you did a wonderful job. Yes, using the Binario (sp) yarn is not a good idea, but by the time I saw that you were using it , it as too late and figured you already discovered that. you can stitch a pretty yarn to the neck and down the sides. Make fringe out of yarns. Add some crystals. You can always put it back on and add more fibers.So many way to do them. Ya'll need to take my class on it. I'm sure Tammie wants me to come see her new space for a few days;)

Myrna

Wow. What are you reading my mind or something.

Myspace is great as far as size goes but we found that everything is on one breaker and I have this 40ft long extention chord to run my machine to protect it for now. Lee is in Kansas and so I have to wait to get the remodeling complete. We have alot to do to this older home but I do like it out here in the country.

Hopefully by next summer I will be set up. We are going to take out old windows and put in new and build a new wall. I am wanting the sliding design walls put in. Also I have this giant Gazebo that we are going to get repaired and renewed. I hope to do a small quilt show in my back yard for the local quilters next summer. That will be so fun.

In the mean time the space is great to work in. And I made room for my second machine . lol Can't wait.

Somedays I feel like I'm going to just give up with so much going on but everyday is a new day.

PS. My first lecture class is Thursday on "Finding a Longarm Buddie for Keeps" I'm looking forward to it.

I have alot of odd furniture too. Too busy getting our other home ready to sale. I'm having to do everything with my DH gone. Boy do I appreciate him alot these days. I had to mow 2 acres yesterday and today I weed eat and trim trees. Anyone want to trade places with me for the day?

Anyway so for going on. Everyone have a great day and thanks for the kind words. It's a learning thing to try something new. I cannot wait to do my second one. This one will be awesome too when I finish it.

Take care all

Archived