Question for APQS ref Lenni channel locks

I have just been looking at the new brochure for APQS machines. Which you can now download.

Very much improved Thank you.

My question is, I see that now new Lenni's come with a Vertical channel lock.

Will owners of older Lenni's be able to buy and retro fit the Channel lock to our machines.

We use the little clamps for office use.. the ones with 3 sides of black for the head, and two wires to open the clamps or lock them shut. We put a bit of that no skid rubber fibre on the track and the clamps go on, either front to back, or side to side.

Works quite well and am sure it will be a lot less expensive.

Kath: I installed a magnetic channel lock on my upright wheeled Ult 2. The modification might be a bit more than you can handle, but here's what I did. I got a piece of steel 2 ft long about 11 gauge (actually I used the long leg of a 2 ft framing square - cut the short leg off). I drilled a hole in both ends of the steel over the carriage cross members, and drilled matching holes in the carriage cross members ( the opposite side from the stylus mount). I bolted the steel to the cross member. I then fashioned a steel plate about 2'' x 4" and screwed it to the side of the machine above the piece bolted to the carriage. I purchased a magnetic base used by machinists to mount measuring tools, and used it as the "lock". It has a switch that you turn to engage or disengage it.

When I want to use it I position the machine, put the magnet in place sitting on the carriage steel next to the steel plate on the machine, and engage the magnet. It holds great. My machine had holes drilled and tapped on the side which enabled the attachment of the plate. If your's doesn't have them, you'd need to drill and tap small holes to attach the plate, or perhaps epoxy glue the plate to the side of the machine. It worked well.

I've since replaced the magnetic base with an electronic one with a switch on the machine head, but the electrics of that get pretty involved. Good luck. Jim

Bev, so glad it worked for you. sure saved a lot of frogging and money for me.. had the brakes been available. doesn't take much room to store, either. I use a pint zip lock, and pin it to the design wall. out of the way and handy.

Archived