Monopoly Thread - 0n a Cone?

I have a huge cone that I bought at Road to CA a couple of years ago. It was in the Sulky Thread booth. I'll probably never have to buy monopoly again! I run it from the back thread post just like any other thread and don't have any problems with it at all. Check on-line or give the Sulky people a call.

I LOVE Monolon...........it comes on a huge cone and I got it from Columbia River Quilting. I like it better than Monopoly or any other invisible threads I have used in the past. I just finished 2 t-shirt quilts with an all over meander and not one thread break! I run it from the back of the machine like all other cones.........loosen tension a bit and used the Magna Glide bobbins.

If you are specifically asking about the Superior product, Monopoly, the answer is no, it is not available on cones. I wrote an email to Bob at Superior last month about just this subject and his response was they only supply it in smaller spools as it would unwind from a cone.(meaning a big tangle or puddle of thread on the floor) He is the expert so I have to go with his info, just makes me wonder how other manufacturers have addressed this problem. Maybe someday in a perfect world it will come in cones. Sally

Guest Linda S

Sally's correct. MonoPoly doesn't come on a cone, just the small spools. I also use the Madeira Monolon. It is nylon, but it doesn't seem to melt like some of the other nylon invisible threads, and it is great for SID. Yes, I leave the sock on mine.

I've decided to try Sulky's invisible thread. I bought a spool (yes a spool not a cone-2200 yds) of both the clear and the smoke. It is a polyester thread, not nylon. I'll have to get my horizontal spool holders out for it. Thanks everyone for you thoughts. After I'm done with this project, I'll let you know what I think of it. Regards. Jim

I actually use YLI monofilament. It comes on a "baby sized" cone... similar to a spool but it is shaped like a cone. I put it on the back spindle of my longarm and it feeds off like any normal cones, except it's a baby cone. :) It doesn't unravel, either. I have it in clear and in smoke. It comes in a matte finish, not really shiney or slippery. I LOVE the YLI monofilament !!!

Archived