No Longer A Shop Hop Virgin!

Whew! Just back from my first shop hop ever. I told the girls this morning that I was a shop hop virgin and boy did they initiate me. We got all but two shops out of 8 visited and it being rural Central Oregon they were quite far apart. It was shops, lunch, a specialty fiber store that carries local alpaca yarns, shops, afternoon coffee stop and then more shops. My head is whirling with so many wonderful and colorful ideas. I loved it. I kept a leash on my pocket book since I have to be paying for my new Lenni but did find fat quarters for some current quilt guild projects. I am thrilled that I have found a new addiction.

When making up your own "hops"...if you have a group of 8 or more it is worth calling all the shops on your list and letting them know when you are coming. They will make sure they have enough staff on hand to help you and often will have the same discounts or little gifts ready for you just as they do for the big official shop hops. They can often recommend a great place to eat locally etc and my have some other little suggestions for your group.

How do I know this? I used to work at one of these wonderful shops! Our owner wanted to make sure she had enough staff on hand to help you with any questions and get you checked out quickly when the group was ready to move on to the next location. (No sense spending precious time at the checkout) We also were connected to a little Deli that has wonderful homemade pies and treats and icecream as well as sandwiches and hot meals so if the group was coming and wanted to eat we would let the Deli owner know a group of ?? was coming and she would make sure to have plenty of yummy treats on hand!

Thanks o2b. That is a great suggestion. Usually it is just 4 or 5 of us at a time, just enough to fit into one car. I will remember your suggestions for when we do it with a larger group. The deli you were connected with where you worked before sounds like it was wonderful.

Archived