Thread caught in needle bar

I'm posting this for a friend, I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing just what happened. Seems she was quilting along with her CQ, and left it alone while she answered the phone. While she was gone, she ran out of bobbin thread, and the top thread became wrapped around the hopping foot, and then got sucked up into where the needle bar enters the head of the machine. Obviously she'll need to take the covers off the machine head to clean out this mess. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, she's fearful of stripping the screw heads, and doesn't feel she has the strength to get the screws out. Thoughts for her on that as well?

Thanks for your help! Why do these things always happen on a Friday?

I've had one screw on the left side cover strip. It was the head of the screw that stripped though, not the threads. I hear that APQS has a supply of replacement screws that we get when we take the maintenance class. I bet they sell them too.

I think I remember the first time I took off my left side cover I had to get DH to loosen one of the screws that came from the factory Gorilla tight. Now I tighten them myself, Annie tight. No problems that can't be resolved:-)) Don't be afraid to take those screws out!

Hey kids,

You can take one of the screws from the side panel and go to the hardware store and pick up a package of 20. Their every common. The ones at the hardware store are a little stronger than the ones from APQS. I'm not saying that the ones from APQS are bad, I just prefer the hardware store screws. Oh, and yes, use a longer screwdriver to unscrew the screws, because use can get a better grip on the driver than you would get on a smaller driver. When you put the screws back in, just make them snug and don't over tighten them. There's not much vibration in these machines and I've never had one fall out from being just snugged in. zeke...........

Archived