Forum Help?

Is there a way that info about using the forum could be added under troubleshooting or somewhere else. I have tried to add an avitar by copying and pasting in the direct link and the HTML link to a picture but can;t seem to get it to work.

I did a search on the posting avitar and posting pictures but could not come up with anything. I see that several here do not know how to post pictures.... Please help us.

Sharon

In a nutshell, to post an avatar, you have to have your photo some place on the Internet so you can add a hyperlink. Oh and the photo can't be gigantic it has to be small. Do you have a place to add a photo on a web site and then copy and paste a link? Some people use webshots or another internet photo place. Give it a try.

Sharon, the advice is good. Once you open an internet site, you can load pics of you quilts and then post them on here. webshots, flicker, photobucket are free. Don't fear asking questions on here, 9 times out of 10 it's faster then trying to find it somewhere. You'll always get an answer here 24/7.

Sharon: Here are some instructions--hope they help:

The photo of you needs to be in a place such as Webshots.

In Webshots bring up your photo, scroll down and on the right you will see a box labeled "link to this picture." Make sure the box beside "100 pixels" is checked. There are several options:

"post in your blog or website"

"post in forum"

Choose "post in forum" by clicking anywhere on the URL shown in that box. Then right click and click copy.

Got to Forum, click on user control panel, click on edit profile, click inside box beside avatar URL.

Right click, click paste, then go to bottom and click "edit profile."

I hope this works for you, Bonnie Botts called me at home one day and walked me through this process.

I post pictures from a File ("Pictures" on iMac) or from iPhoto (another iMac application) or from Picasa, a free image hosting site.

The "trick" if there is one, (and there is)--- is you absolutely have to RESIZE your pictures. There is no way around this. APQS forum does not resize pictures for you. They just reject them if they are not the correct size which makes you think you did something wrong in file upload, which you have not with the exception that the picture is simply too large.

The Avatar picture that shows over on the side bar here has to be in the size range of 100 pixels wide x 75 pixels high. Larger may be rejected.

Pictures of projects, or other pictures posted directly with your forum postings should be in the range of 640 pixels wide x 480 pixels high To 800 x 600.

If you go smaller, sometimes it's difficult to see the pictures with the messages clearly.

This picture is 800 x 600 pixels. And about the largest I've been able to post without the size being rejected.

Hope this helps---

post--13461906353625_thumb.jpg

Archived