design help needed..with pics now!!

Tracey

I like what you've done so far. Can you reflect some of those lovely feathers in the larger white areas?

I can't see what you did in the other blue ribbon areas. Can you repeat that in these ribbons?

Love your TTs too. This quilt has such strong colours the piecing is definitely the thing talking so I think doing more of what you've already done is best. JMHO

Good luck &, now you'ce cracked posting pics, do share the finished quilt.

I agree with Teresa and Anne to put some feathers in the white area. I would just SID the knots or even do a few straight lines if you feel it needs more quilting in it. From here it looks like just SID would work. If you did your feathers with the piecing as your spine they you could SID and feather at the same time.

Thanks sooo much guys. You're the best!! You have no idea how stressful my life is right now. I have developed a hematoma from the surgery and have an infection to boot. I also have taken in 2 boys while their Gramma gets her life together. (I had 10 min notice for that) I couldn't say no otherwise they'd be in foster care. However, it looks like they might be here waaaaay longer than I had anticipated. Now I have 5 kids instead of 3!!! Calgon....take me away.... Anyone got any adavan?? LOL Just kidding (I still have percocet!!) Still kidding. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Heidi, I like the idea of straight lines. That is a definite. I'll post when it's done.

Tracey

Can you put the same motif from the brown centre square into the white centre square, or some variation of, some kind or organic leaf with a curl as a filler in the other white area and what about cabling the rest if you have the cable template?

It looks great! wish my 'fighting' looked that good!

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

www.artisticquiltdesign.wordpress.com

Archived