MQX West...where to stay?

Guest Linda S

I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza, but if you can get a deal out by the airport, you should go for it. The Max (light rail) comes into town on a regular schedule and it's around $2 or less for the ride. Portland has great public transportation, so you can really get around town without a car. Unfortunately, I need to drive there, and I wish I could pack the car up in a little suitcase and stash it somewhere for the duration -- it will cost me a fortune in parking!

Linda if you want you can leave your car at my house. I can take you to your hotel and then pick you up when you are ready to go home. Save you some $$$$$ if you don't need it anyway. (Or i can take you to the MAX station at Clackamas TC if you prefer. Whateer works for you)

Nancy

Guest Linda S

Oh wow, Nancy - that would be fabulous. The hotel wants $15/night for my car! I'm heading up on Sunday and will need it for the first few days, as I'm taking my friend and fellow quilter from Atlanta, Michelle Wyman, sight-seeing with me. After that, I'll be in classes and at the show, so I won't need it much at all. I explored other lots in the area, and they all want a pretty penny to watch your car (and I'm sure they don't watch!).

Let me know your schedule. I will give you directions to my house and get you back to where you need to be. I have room for a couple of cars here if anyone else needs a spot....LOL Site seeing? In Porland? Really? Am I jaded or what....hahahaha (I am kidding...I love what Portland has to offer (when it isn't raining))

:D:D:D

Guest Linda S

No, no, no! I'm giving her the grand tour, like I gave to Janet-Lee and Mary when they were here. I'll probably take her to Mt. Hood, the gorge, Multnomah Falls. On Tuesday, we need to come down to Eugene to pick up Ellen, so we'll probably do Silver Falls and maybe just stop somewhere along the McKenzie so she can see our mighty and very clean rivers. Maybe a dash out to the coast at some point. Girls just gotta have fun!

Linda, where are you staying? I'm at the LaQuinta, I don't think they charge for parking but I didn't ask. Nancy Jo, I may take you up on a parking spot if they do!!

Nadia, I have a friend coming down from Canada as well, Lisa Newman. Don't know how close she is to you, but the person that was coming with her now isn't, so you could bunk in with us if you wanted.

You do not have to stay at the two hotels by the airport that sit on the max(light rail)line. All Hotel airports have a free shuttle vans to the airport (5 min max to get there, they're close) The max stop is in the airport. So hop on at the airport and come downtown. Do get on the train going downtown though. It opens the option of hotels to maybe a bizillion. The price for max is the same "all zone" fare. Also parking is free out at the airport hotels

Melora

NE Portland

Wave "hi" driving by my house :)

Archived