How many Computer Quilters do we have?

Grammie

Lisa,

I don't think that it costs anymore or less to retrofit yours or a brand new one. I do know that you cannot use your own computer as Stan does actually change things in the Computer to be able to use the Compuquilter. So you do have to buy the computer that comes with it and I believe that the price is somewhere in the neighborhood of 13 to 14 thousand right now. Yes, it is pricey but the capabilities of the Compuquilter are endless.

Melody

Just a copyright comment here... Disney is pretty protective (read: aggressive) of their intellectual property - even if YOU draw it and it's recognizable as theirs - you're in violation. I'd be pretty careful - especially of posting it to a site...

Grammie and Darlene, Thanks so much for the input. I'm thinking I need a bit, more like a lot, of a challenge about now, you know something new and exciting to get the creative juices going. I've been in a real slump this whole year after my DH died of a heart attack last November.

(name removed) had a demo going at the NW quilt festival in Portland and I just loved watching it. Oregon Quilting is about a 3 hour drive from where I live, so I need to get in touch with her.

I'm not great at drawing, will that be big problem?

Thanks again, I just love this forum! Evelyn

The cost to retrofit your machine is $14,000. They will come to your house and set it up in about one day and then the next day they will train you. It really doesn't take too much time. I purchased the touch screen with the overhead bar and just love it.

You can do two pantograph quilts in a day and not get physically tired.

We started out with our CQ in order to test designs that we are digitizing & being a "freehand gal" I thought I'd hardly ever use it for my own quilts, but I have been using it on customer quilts & looking at doing at digitizing thread painting for my own quilts & I absolutely love my CQ. It is so relaxing to know that I can do perfect designs where they need to be then go freehand in other areas on the same quilt. I totally don't sweat it when a customer wants part of their quilt heirloom now. I just do the perfect feathers on with CQ then do some of my nouveau feathers in other areas then do my background quilting. I did a king that other day in total heirloom using all the techniques mentioned & it ended up taking me about 6 hours & I didn't have to mark or worry about following someone else's design or duplicating my own over & over freehand.

Way fun....BTW.... I was also able to have my embroidery machine going the whole time also, totally doubling up on the work getting done - whoooohooooo!!

• 1 month later...

Archived