Need inspiration

The borders on this quilt are 9 1/2 inches and the quilt is huge. I had the quilting planned out but customer said her son and DIL would not like it so I need something traditional, she is not fond of feathers either. Any help would be soooo appreciated

post--13461906818411_thumb.jpg

I always like crosshatching, that is very traditional. Create your own border / edge running along those colored squares.

Are those borders plain - just all white fabric??

I can see doing the piano keys to the size of the colored blocks, or even a double - bead board design. (fill with pebbles just in the double area)

To bad she doesn't like the feather idea, that would look great.

You could also stitch flying geese blocks around the outer edge of the quilt, pulling a design element from the center....

Be sure to post photos after you quilt this baby - pretty colors!

Sorry the picture is so small was trying to not make it real big. Cindy thank you for sharing your link. I hope you don't mind if I take some of your ideas. I am going to see if she will be agreeable to some feathers, or at least maybe some leaves or ferns.

Joan, I think I know what a cathedral ceiling is but is there a picture somewhere I could take a gander at?

Dory thanks for the idea before Cindy linked her picture.

You all are awesome!:D

Archived