It is ALWAYS the charity quilts

Why is it that the charity quilts are always the one's that cause the most trouble.

I had a great work load today, a QOV (computerized) and a small McKenna Ryan applique/art quilt (freehand). Once loaded, MAYBE 90 minutes worth of work.

First the handles on my milli slipped and knocked the pattern off track, resulting in about an hour of un-sewing. Frogged, re-sewed and set up the next row. Bobbin tension messed up so I spent another 30 minutes frogging (luckily the thread broke so I didn't have to frog more).

Then the next row, my centering tape got sewn into the pattern. At this point, I understand that this really didn't have anything to do with me. At least I was laughing at the situation at this point.

Time to step away from the quilting machine....

It's ALWAYS the charity quilts.

Tomorrow, another QOV. Hope I paid my dues today......

Donna

I'm getting my practice in on the charity quilts. What I've found is that the backing is very small (one only had 2" around)...so I've learned how to attach extra fabric to the backing to get it quilted. It's really great practice, these are my first quilts I'm doing for my local quilt shop, so I'll be sure to let them know that my machine requires more fabric - especially with the leader grips - which I absolutely love!!!

Happy quilting!

Donna sometimes these days are a blessing. Usually long before the end of the day I decide that obviously I'm not suppose to be quilting today. This seems to free me up to do a different activity that is much more satisfying. When I go back to the studio most the time everything goes smooth as silk!

Archived