MQX Who's going?

Portland is a gorgeous and friendly city.

Some places you might want to see--depending on the weather...

Fabric Depot

EE Schenk

Powell Books

The Portland Rose garden/Japanese gardens/Zoo

There is a great architectural walking tour of the west side of the river.

The Max is Portland's light-rail system and can take you many places.

Please note the first two listed are a fabric store and a wholesale store with patterns/fabric/thread/etc. Priorities, you know!;)

I will see you on Wednesday in your 11 o'clock class--can't wait to finally meet you!

There is, of course, a Starbucks (sorry, but I hate their coffee) in the Convention Center. Perhaps we could look for each other throughout the show at one of the tables outside of Starbucks in the main lobby? I haven't been there for a few years now, but I have a feeling Starbucks didn't go anywhere. :P

I am taking four of the mini computer conference classes. Arriving Tuesday and leaving Friday. Saturday the kids are renewing their wedding vows (5 years-a milestone anymore) so I have to rush home to get ready for that. Live life to its fullest!!! Hope to meet many of you at the Thursday dinner as well as during the show.

I just got a roll of blue ribbon and a box of safety pins, so look for me at the quilt show and I'll give you a ribbon. Might be easier to recognize if everyone is the same.

I'll be at Fancy freehand with Linda Taylor from 8 to 10 Wednesday and got 2 hours free after. Then I'll be at Border Patrol with Deloa Jones from 1 to 5.

Or call me (808) 987-7547. Won't have phone on during class.

We are so looking forward to seeing everyone...... some gals from the east coast are coming because, "they don't want us to do MQX without them!" Our reward is seeing old friends and making so many new ones.

Registered students should have received an e-mail about their downloadable schedule, floor plan, welcome letter and badge. Be sure to bring that badge to Student Services for the badge holder, tote bag, stuffers (Aurifil has donated thread for MQX West). Those of you in the Computerized Quilting Mini-Conference will get a special tote bag.

Oh, I almost forgot, the Portland Travel & Convention Bureau will have loads of information for your tote bag. There's links to fun Portland things to do on the MQX Travel and Lodging page. Someone said recently that there's a chocolate lovers walking tour. YUMMMMMMM!

Come by, introduce yourself and enjoy the MQX Experience!

Janet-Lee

MQX Founder

www.MQXShow.com

I'll be there. Hitomi I am also in Deloa's Border class. Looking forward to meeting you and others. Having blue ribbon is a good idea. I see there are others in this class from the forum.

My other classes are: Lions and Tigers and Templates with Kim Brunner, Longarm Dancing with Feathers with Sharon Schamber, Backgroung Fillers with Dawn, It's all about Rulers with Deloa, and Don't Explode out of the Box with Judy Woodsorth.

I have to admit although I am excited I am a bit nervous, no a whole lot nervous, especially with the on hands classes.

I have been more of a lurker than participant on the forum. I do hope to be more active in the future. Having found this forum has made my Milli and Me much happier.

Peggy

Archived