Great Quilt Show Results.

Our quilt show was a huge success, and praying the next show, in two years, will be as good.

We only heard two negative comments from vendors, that the show was a bust for them, and another that

people were not buying. One clue why is they were grumpy, sort of sad/angry look on their faces, and they were sitting back in their booths. People just don't stop and buy from that sort of person.

The rest were standing, smiling, asking if they could show them something they might or were interested in, come in and look, we encourage you to window shop, or some such.. One was have you seen the new fabrics from

such and so.. and it was mostly pretty, but creeping to the 1980's or when the greyed or muted fabrics come into

being.

The only thing I may have won, is one of the Silent Auction fall and winter table runner. Would like it for our married daughter.

We really had a great show and great turnout, almost 900 people !!!

This was our first year with vendors, and in the Civic Center, which is greatly larger than our previous location..

;):):):D Love it!!!

I noticed at the AQS show in Des Moines recently that the busiest booths were the ones where the vendors were talking, demoing, etc. The ones who sat in the corner doing some sort of busy work were very much alone ! You gotta sell the sizzle ! My DH was a grocer for 30 years and that is what is used to say. Time are tough and people ARE being careful with their money. For many, by the time they paid to park, paid admission and bought lunch, that's about all they could afford.

Hopefully times will improve for everyone.

Archived