My version on Glorified Nine patch finished...

I was amazed at the quilting then I started trying to figure out the pattern block and just thought "WOW". I thought maybe the melon sections were appliqued on top of the nine patch then I looked the pattern up. Again...wow! I think I may see if this works using the templates from Quilter's Haven. Very pretty quilt.

Originally posted by Deb Semmens

Man.......that quilt is BEAUTIFUL! And I am never posting a picture on this site.......we truely have artists on this forum.

Deb, don't feel that way, posting pictures is not about how good they are, it's about sharing ideas and getting amazing feedback. The comments I got on my earlier quilting helped give me confidence...I really enjoy looking at all the pictures and wish more would post what they are working on, so come on Deb, lets see what your working on! Please...:D

• 1 month later...

The quilting on this is in my favs already as I'm currently working on putting together Glorified Nine Patch blocks from one of my many UFOs. I'm finding there's more bulk at the points than I know how to deal with. I certainly don't want to have to deal with it when it comes to the quilting.

For those who have made one of these quilts, do you have any secrets to reduce the bulk at the points? I'm only sewing up to the "dot" at 1/4 of each point.

Sure was glad to see these examples of the quilting...Anita

Archived