Do you like Mystery Quilts (1ST CLUE IS READY)

I love mysteries! For me, it takes the stress out of choosing a pattern. My problem is that I immobilize myself with possibilities, and then never actually do any cutting... What if I mess up that gorgeous fabric?!

My First mystery was an exercise in frogging...decided that the blocks were all mushed into the sashing and didn't stand out at all. I looked at it for a few years without ever quilting it, and finally decided that if I didn't unsew it, I'd never be happy with it. So, I ripped out all the sashing and replaced it, and now love the top! but, NO, it's still not quilted! lol! (Judy Hopkin's Turning Point)

The second Mystery was a Debbie Caffrey "Beads and Baubles"... and I just finished setting all the blocks. That one started... some months ago... but all I have left are the borders. It was a stash buster...just chose fabrics from stash without buying anything new.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/mystery_quilt_4_-_baubles__beads/default.aspx

I think I'm going to try Orca Bay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still debating on whether I want to do it or not. Mine probably wouldn't have near the variety of fabrics that Bonnie's will, but I'm getting more tempted to try it now that I've seen the first clue. I may end up printing it out and doing it after the first of the year - may have more time then!

Archived