Customer Appreciation Question

It occurred to me that I would like to thank all my customers for their support this year, especially since I was not taking quilts for a year, then started again. Also all the folks who referred people to me.

Other than just sending out cards, has anyone else out there done stuff like this in the past and if so, do you have any ideas for something that can be done relatively inexpensively but tasteful? I don't want to offer any discounts or coupons because I don't see that it has been effective in the past, except for the time I offered a meander special for 50% off and got a gazillion quilts but never saw those people again after that!

So, thoughts?

Can you make something personalized for each customer? For example, if you have an embroidery machine, perhaps you can make a small 4"x4" or 6"x6" little wallhanging with their name. embroidered. Something like

Robin's Quilting Room.

You don't even have to bind the edges. Just spray baste all 3 layers and then run the pinking rotary cutter all around. It won't come undone. It's quilted and its' quick and easy.

If you don't have an embroidery machine, you can buy the Quilted Treasures paper and print names (approx 6 - 8 names as can fit on an 8x11 sheet) and cut those out, put little borders around each one and then do the layers and pinking rotary cutter. Cute, personalized, fast. And can fit in a small flat envelope.

And you can include a heartfelt note with the gift that says how much you appreciate their business and friendship... blah blah blah.

Just a thought.

That would depend on how many customers you had and how much you would like to spend. If your budget allows $3 per person, then some nice notion like a box of flower head pins or a seam ripper. I hope you can get wholesale cost for these items or else visit Joann's notion wall when it is 50% off. If you want to mail all of them, a pack of needles good for binding-stitching will fit in a card without added postage.

Every year I put my customer's names in a bowl--one entry for each quilt they bring. In January the winner of the drawing gets $50 off their next quilt. I let new customers know this at their first visit. I don't know if it increases business, but I feel good about it.

I like Shana's idea a lot!!! I saw a luggage tag on a machine, done with the embroidery machine at a class. It was really cute. The first thing that came to MY mind was a party of some kind. Either a tea during the day or an evening with snacks. If you're really feeling generous you could include spouses. Maybe bring a friend would be better, possible a new customer?

Good luck!!

Linda! That's a cute idea too! :P

I might have to steal that one and use it myself! :P

Actually I might combine my first idea with your second idea and hand write their names on the labels, layer all three together, quilt them on the machine or spray baste together and then... pinking rotary cut them apart and VIOLA! :)

I'm doing that!!

See what amazing fun quick things we can think of when we put our heads together! Synergy!

Oh those bags are nice!!! Do you give the customer a discount or credit when they bring their next quilt to you in the bag? Sort of like the grocery stores do. That would cut down on the $4 per customer per quilt!!!! Would you share the company name where you get them?

TIA!!

Wow! those are all great ideas! Thank you all :)

I would LOVE to do a tea or open house but I'm afraid my situation isn't really conducive to something like that right now but it is a great idea that I will keep in the back of my mind. Someday!

I have a wholesale account with Brewers, so I think I'll check their site to see what they might have.

I buy my bags from 4imprints.

No I don't give a discount if they bring their bags back, my clients are not looking for any deals. I give out a bag with every quilt and if they bring their quilt top in my bags I just tuck a new bag in with their quilt. I know they like to give them away to quilting friends once they get a few or if the quilt is a gift they give the quilt in the bag, it's gift wrapping too :)

I had an Open House when I first open and had 35 quilters come. I was in my quilting studio demonstrating with my machine while a good friend was in the house being hostess and serving tea, coffee and goodies to my visitor. It was a fun day but I was exhausted by the end!

Archived