help needed

I'm so frustrated I could cry. I upgraded my Milli to the new rail system and have had nothing but problems since. Multiple problems, clicking noise coming from black box in the rear which I believe is the BSR box, terrible vibration, and I can't get the tension to be consistant. I've been quilting for 3 years so I'm beyond the newbie tension issues.

Here is what happens, my top thread will throw a dangling loop on the back side periodically, when I slow down I get micro stitches and if I speed back up I get normal stitch. In one direction you can see the bobbin thread on top in the oppositite direction you don't see it but the top thread will show on the bottom. In other words one side of a leaf is normal and the other side shows thread. How in the heck do you adjust this problem

I was on the phone for 2 days with Dawn and we tried numerous things and it has not helped.

I just tried doing a simple baste for a handquilter and I'm getting huge loops hanging down on the backside and the bobbin thread is just laying there.

I'm at the end of my rope and ready to sell this machine or get out of this business all together. Someone take pity on me and help.

floridamissy

I feel so badly for you! It is so disappointing to have a machine running properly, then make a change that is supposed to help make things better...only to have issues! I hope somebody with Bliss can chime in and help. In the meantime, walk away from the machine for a day or so. Then, even if you've done it ten times, go back and check all your cable connections, make sure your encoder is making good contact, check the rails for level. Make sure the wheels are all properly tightened and making good contact. And, in the intervening time, have a glass of good wine, and some exquisite chocolate. You will get this resolved.

Missy,

Do you have an APQS rep anywhere near you? Perhaps they could come help brainstorm your issues? Dawn, Amy and the rest of the technical team are whizzes at diagnosing problems over the phone, but sometimes it helps to have "eyes" on the problems, other than your own. I'm just gonna guess that you're in Florida???;)

Gee, I could come help you out, but the travel expenses are gonna kill you.......

Seriously, there's nothing on your machine that we can't figure out somehow! Hang in there. And Zora gives great advice - step away from the machine for a bit (before you turn it into a boat anchor!).

Hang in there and let Dawn do her thing. I've had Bliss on my Millie for over a year now and it's been fabulous. I'm so sorry that you're having such problems. I'm no help though, I didn't need to troubleshoot more than leveling the table. Whatever you have to go through to fix it, it will be worth it!

Missy, I think "walk away from the machine" is good advice. then tomorrow morning give APQS a call and talk to Dawn or someone else who can go step by step and see what's going on!!! Or if you have a rep near you that you already know or if you'd like to meet one, go to the Find a Dealer tab on the APQS website and see who might be close to you in Florida or if you are north check Ga and AL too!!! one of these avenues will get you up and purring like a kitten again!!!

Missy,

We will get it figured out! Call me in the morning and we will work to ft it right. The loops on the back are a sign that the top thread is not being pulled tightly. Recheck the thread path, especially around the tension control--make sure the thread is snapped into the disks. Look at the check spring and make sure it is flexing as you pull the thread through the needle. A "soft" check spring will cause a loose top stitch.

Loops can also be caused by a burr on the hook that holds on to the thread long enough to take the thread around the hook a second time before releasing it. We should also check the mag collar setting to be sure it it releasing the thread aprpropriately.

We can visit more about the vibration you are feeling with the new rails as well as the noise in the encoder box, too. Talk to you tomorrow!

Archived