Whole cloth quilt

It is such an involved process, you probably need to purchase a book or take a class. Karen McTavish is the queen of the Wholecloth and has several books and also teaches classes on wholecloth quilting. Several vendors of digitized and paper patterns have wholecloth designs for you to purchase, mark on your fabric, and then quilt.

Look for Sherry Rogers-Harrison online. Also Joann Hoffman--her Angel Baby wholecloth is all the rage now--so beautiful! Google "pre-printed wholecloth designs" to start looking online.

Just the choice of fabrics, fabric prep, and marking would take a whole book! Good luck and have a wonderful time. You will learn so much!

Hi Della,

When I went to QwM, I picked up a couple of reasonably priced patterns for wholecloths...

They are gorgeous! I got them from The Quilting Connection, LLC Elkhorn, WI 262-723-6775 or

www.longarmconnection.com The designs are by Sue Schmieden

Yes, you have to mark them on your quilt, but what I liked is having the ability to use the different elements on other quilts... I also picked up two more "General" chalk pencils in Light gray and dark gray! They are awesome!

Archived