Attention George owners!

I am trying to get APQS to teach a class just for George. If anyone else feels the same way please send a quick email to APQS and maybe we can get one. As a George owner I did not qualify for a free class and even if I did it would be on another of their longarm machines most of which involves loading the quilt on the frame, starting and stopping, etc., etc. So spread the word please.

Sounds like a good idea. What things would you want included in the class? Quilt prep? Basting, tautness, how to move for different stitch methods, SID options. How to treat the edges of the quilt during quilting so they are out of the way, and don't fold under without messing up the tension/puckering of the quilting of the center. Of course, the maintenance process.

Add some of the things that you really want to know for George so anyone planning the class has a good understanding of what is really needed/wanted.

Thanks for posting this. Would this be an IA class or a traveling to us class.

I would love to learn different threads and battings used to see the differences in tension. I would like it if we could use different feet for George; maybe we could have an open hoop so we could see. I would like to see various ways of using George and what designs would look best on different quilts. I think all of the things mentioned by Madelyn and Mrs. A are a must. Also, it would be good to see when and why you must raise and lower the hopping foot. I could go on and on if I took some more time. I am planning on taking my George (minus the table) when I go to Iowa so it can be serviced and so I can learn how to do maintenance on it myself.

Kywoman,

I forgot to mention this earlier, but you can now get an open-toe foot for George, along with a high profile foot for ruler use and a high-profile open toe foot as well. The machine would indeed need to make a factory visit as George and Lenni machines have a shorter throat top-to-bottom, and the bushings on the current foot would need to be recessed to allow enough clearance for the new foot. (This is best done at the factory). Hope that helps!

Archived