MQX East

Yippee! Just found out I'll have the opportunity to attend the MQX show in Rhode Island this April. Would love to hear from anyone who has entered or attended this show in the past. Should I take classes? The teacher list looks awesome. What else do I need to know? Thanks, Nancy in Tucson

Absolutely take classes. If you're fairly new to quilting DeLoa's Jones classes are the best. She sells all her books on a DVD for $40 and her rulers are awesome. I like Dawn Cavanaugh, too because you can also use her information. Last year I took from Judy Woodworth and she blew me away. The teachers are awesome this year. Just don't overbook yourself.

Guest Linda S

Oh YES!! It is a wonderful show. I went for six years in a row. This year I went to MQX West and it was great, but I also miss MQX East. I think I'll take them both in next year.

I went several years ago when it was in New Hampshire. Both my husband and I took classes and loved it. One piece of advice would be to not schedule too many classes. You can get overwhelmed. If Karen McTavish is going to be there, you should take a class from her. I would also be sure and take classes from DeLoa Jones and Dawn Cavanaugh if you can.

I was in MQS in 2009 and loved it. It is geared towards LONGARMERS and pretty much the same teachers as they have in MQX east & west. The show is in May, I got the catalog last week.

I went to MQX west last month, took 11 Intelliquilter classes, never been to MQX east though.

Corey

Archived