Thread choices

Metro can be used with BL or So Fine with great results. I have also used it with MagnaGlide pre-wounds.

A reason to use Metro in the bobbin would be matching thread is great for any tension issues (although I usually get great tension with Metro). Another thought is how beautiful the Metro looks stitched out so that great shiny thread on the back would be spectacular!

thank you, thank you Linda. I wanted to use Metro in the bottom, but sometimes lack courage to try new things. Quilt only for myself and a few friends. Quilt on a bartering system - and it works well. Have always loved any kind of hand work, but as I have aged (and am still aging, Thank God) I find it increasingly difficult. Bartering is wonderful - I quilt and they do hand b indings in return. It couldn't be better. Love reading your posts and seeing the wonderful things you do to make lovely quilts even more beautiful. Thanks for being here for all of us.

Marilyn

I generally use Metro in the bobbin when I'm using it on top. On my current quilt I'm using Glide (not prewound) in the bobbin, and it's working great. I don't feel confident that tiny stitches will hold at the starts and stops, though, so I am tying off and burying my threads - probably not necessary; I'm probably just needed something new to worry about!

lThanks to Linda R., I used the Metro on top and in bobbin. Did not have any problems. Tried something new for me. I used two batts. One of cotton and one Hobbs Polydown. It made a very heavy quilt and the thread practically disappeared. This was a quilt for my 4 yr. old Granddaughter and she and her dog Oreo will surely give it a lot of use. Also, used the tape for taping batting together to use up sone of those extra pieces. The jury is still out on that one. It took a while to finish the task of putting the pieces together. Don't know if it was worth it; but did use two pieces of cotton and two pieces of poly that would have probably just kept their home in a plastic box for a long time.

Am going to use Metro on my next quilt. So pleased with the results.

Marilyn

Archived