Suggestions please :)

Originally posted by Linda S

There are a ton of these on line. Just google Eureka Quilts and you'll find lots of ways they've been quilted.

Thank you Linda, guess I should have done that before asking here. Your right there were a lot on Google but most of them are SID. Thank you for all for your help.

Hi Penny! You have some prime real estate there for a lot of pretty quilting! The light areas--both in the log cabins and the points of the feathered star seem to be prominent. And the pineapple-y triangles in the LC blocks that encircle the center need some special attention as well. There is so much going on in this one--those flowery stars and the green halves of the blocks! Whew! You are vastly talented and I know you will find some great treatment for this.

I did the Equinox quilt by Jackie last year but even though the quilt was just as complex, there were a lot more neutral areas for quilting. I ended up quilting the piecing instead of quilting the colors. Does that make sense? Instead of quilting the open areas of one color--which many times were an awkward shape with points that didn't lend itself to feathers--I quilted inside the seams of each block. It was very effective and I was relieved that it worked out as well as it did.

Good luck, happy stitching, and we expect to see some gorgeous finished photos!:cool:

Archived