quilters rule and sewing cabinets

This is a silly question but I can't find the thread and there was someone on here that sells I think quilters rulers gave a great demo on here. I would like to order from you being you did such a great demo with the drawing. Also Santa said he might bring me a sewing cabinet YAH for Christmas and would like some reviews on the which you find the best quality. I was looking a Koala's but want to make sure they are not particle board. I am so excited I can't believe DH suggested this. WOW right now I just use a desk and my quilts slide off the edge what a pain.

Koala cabinets were the best I found. They are fairly expensive compared to other furniture, but they are beautiful and very functional. My suggestion would be to push for a good price. I looked around and thought I had done the best I could for prices then a few months later while at a quilt show in San Mateo a certain quilt store owner told me I should have come to him because he would have given them to me for 40% off. WHAT!!!!! Didn't need to hear that.

Also, even though I original blew off the idea of buying the tall ones I am so glad I bought them. I can walk up to either table and use them as cutting tables. My neck and back don't get as sore when I'm sewing. I'm 5'5" and they are perfect for me. At least go get some hands on experience with them and see the quality and colors.

Let us know what you decide on.

I have Horn of America cabinets, (2 for sewing machines, 2 6-drawer cabinets and the serger 4 drawer cabinet). I like them and would continue to purchase them. They have held up very well-at least 5 years so far. One of the reasons I chose Horn of AM over Koala was because of the lift system for the machine. Horn has a pneumatic system centered in the back and adjustable for level stops. Koala was a sawtooth metal band system on one side. One of my concerns was what would happen if the band breaks? and the machine and table go wonky? I also liked the drawers smooth movement better and didn't want the little swing cubby trays of Koala.

Have fun checking around and be sure to check other places and ask if there is a discount available. My seller usually had the cabinets at 25% or more off.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info. DH and I went today and tried out both brands. Wow those are nice. Both brands offered comparable discounts which was great after I got over sticker shock. LOL DH surprised me and said Merry Christmas pick one out. I am going to take a day or so to really decide which one would fit better. I need to measure again and I was so surprised I really couldn't make a decision. I am so excited I just use a desk and 2 folding tables right now to keep quilts from falling off the desk and it kills my back.

Thanks again

Nan

Vicki that's neat getting your table with a trade. I did that for a TV for in my quilt room. I looked at the cutting tables that would be sweet someday. Now I'm thinking I need to paint the room before I get one. My DH is laughing that I think I need fresh paint for a sewing table. LOL

One of my cabinets is the large one with the back panel that flips up to make a 40" top. I never put it down because I have plastic 3 drawer units from JoAnn's that fit under the panel between the leg supports. I do the same with my George table. My cabinet also has the serger extension arm and the small serger 4 drawer cabinet fits under it. The arm holds my pressing board for the smaller things so I don't need to get the ironing board out all the time. My A-frame ceiling/walls won't let my serger sit on the arm so it stays over to play with George.

Have fun dreaming and deciding. What color paint goes with new cabinets?!

I am ordering it tomorrow and it's the one with the flip up back.I think I might do storage too I could really get organized for once. Oh my I can't wait I was making curtains for a new grandson on the way and got so aggravated with the fabric falling of the table. That's funny about paint color I can't decide. My DH says I paint so much the house has gotten smaller over the 35 years we've lived here. Ok this will be fun what color should I paint? It is two tone cream on top and slate blue on bottom now. I'm not one for really bright colors but open to suggestions. The woodwork is stained in cherry color and carpet is tan. I think I have had every color possible thru the years except black. LOL

Archived