NQR - Grandchildren

All you out there post beautiful pics of your grandkids and tell such sweet stories of them visiting with you. So that is what prompted my post.

This past Friday afternoon I picked Meredith up from school and brought her to spend the night with me while Mike was out of town. When it got bedtime (she was going to sleep with me) I was getting things just right for her and she stood up in the middle of the bed, looked down at me and said, "You know, I really want my Mama!" To which I replied, "Well, I am your Mother's Mother and I took really really good care of her when she was 5 and I will take really really good care of you too!" Then it dawned on me that she often stayed with her "other" grandmother, Nana. I said, "Meredith, do you want your mother when you stay with Nana?", "No, Sylve, I love her!" What do you say??? I am just chopped liver. ;)

Oh, that makes me think you dont get to spend enough time with Merideth. Sometimes they just say the strangest things. Of course we don't take offense as they dont mean anything by it. At least you arent an old Donkey!! Just before Christmas we went to see the Fesitival of Lights with the grandkids. Weber, my funniest little guy was yelling out the window to everyone he could and if the didnt answer him he would get upset. So he says Merry Christmas to a couple that did not respond. So then he says {Hey I am talking to you, I said Merry Christmas) Well, it struck me so funny I was cracking up and he turns around and says Gramma stop laughing like and Old Donkey!! to which we all laughed even harder. He just didnt get what was so funny!!

I know sometimes things they say so innocently hurt, but we have to understand from their point of view. they certainly don't mean to hurt our feelings. ;)

Children can't always have more than one or two that they love, therefore it's not that they don't love you, they feel disloyal if they love more than one or two.....Talk about feeling about chopped liver, when my children were small, their father worked out of town a lot. One of the boys literally ran for his father when he came home after a long absence and wouldn't have anything to do with me the rest of the weekend, and I felt so awful, that the previous great times reading, cooking, playing, meant nothing. But I realize now, he was just trying to show his dad how much he loved him. Children are funny about how they show their love, I notice my grands go through stages of need, not need, almost all respond to reading their favorite or new books though... Stay with it, they will come to realize how much you love them, :) Pat

Archived