Websites for Quilters, Confused

I looked into a few website companies and found the pricing to be the same...and they keep control of all the updates or changes. I decided word of mouth will be my only advertising.

Sorry you are having these frustrations. Sorry I have no help for you Connie. You were sooo helpful to me when shop-hopping in Va Beach!

Good luck.

When I spoke with them last month or the month before, I, too, was under the impression that they would design the layout of the front page and that I could add links and other pages as desired. I'm not surprised you are confused, I am now, too! They call me every once in a while to see if I am ready to build a site but I'm not ready yet. Please let us know how it goes for you with them!

I have been tossing around the idea of using http://www.merchantmoms.com/ as a host and using one of their recommended "artists" that make web templates. http://www.merchantmoms.com/preferred-designers/

Merchant moms hosts for $15 a month and it includes a shopping cart. Some of their designers have templates for $15 to $30 (nice, nothing fancy) which is so much more affordable than $1300 so that's why I've been holding off with Websites for Quilters. Plus they (Websites for Quilters) are "related" to Superior Threads and I really like Superior Threads so I didn't want to mix the two business-wise. Not sure if this makes sense but it does to me. LOL

Guest Linda S

Yipes! I did my own site and have it hosted on WebHostingPad.com. It's not a real elaborate site, but I have total control and can edit whenever I want, add whatever I want. The only problem I have had is that the last time I edited, I ended up getting a lot of spam in my default email account. Still not sure how to fix that. I pay $15/year for my domain name from NameSecure.com, and $2/month for hosting on the WebHostingPad server. I cannot even imagine incurring that amount of expense and then having no control over it.

Thanks for listening. Dan emailed me and I have a call waiting for me at home. It looks like they are concerned and want to straighten this out. I'm currently at work so I will call later, there's a 2 hour time difference (can't access my beta site here at work). I went with Website for Quilters because I didn't have time to get my site formated. Lot's of people praised the company so I went with it, plus I looked at a lot of sites they set-up and really liked them. I'm probably not guiltless (understanding the dashboard) in this issue either. However, I am frustrated and you all listen and give me encouragement. I'll let you know how this goes but it looks encourageing!

Archived