NQR He is being delivered today

nope not a grandbaby yet :( Depending on if your a horse lover or not, it's just as exciting. My current mount, Bear, is turning 23 this year and I could tell he was ready to start slowing down. SO, after shedding many tears and over coming some fears. I found him a wonderful home to live out the rest of his retirement years and I started shopping for a new horse. I was lucky enough to find this lovely Tennessee Walking Horse named Shadow, but from now on will be called Koal. He is taller than Bear and this is my first gaited horse. I have a lot to learn, but I am excited and nervous with butterflies all at the same time!. Koal will be delivered to the bar around noon. And if the weather cooperates with any luck I will be riding this weekend.

Penny, that is so wonderful. A new friend and a resting place for Bear, where he can be just a horse.

Koal sounds terrific. When we go to fairs where they have the Tennessee Walkers, we try to make the show when they are performing, or being judged.

I think they are my favorite horse.. Love to see them any time.

Congrats,

Penny congrats on your new horse, I too had one when I was a teen and had to give him up when I went to work full time and did not have the time for him that I used to have. Mine went to a young girl and I had the opportunity to see him and teach her how to ride. It was a good transition. Wow 23 is a long time for a horse! Did you have him all of his life up until now?

OH MY!! Congratulations!! I remember the feelings when I would have to sell a horse and find another one.

My two girls show horse in 4H so started with ponies and moved up to "bigger and better". One of these girls now trains horses as a second job. She also is one class short of an associates degree in Equine Science but decided to get her bachelor's degree in busness adminstration. She buys a two year old nearly every year and trains and shows it then sells it. It is never easy for her to do this as she becomes very attached to each one.

Archived