could I ask for some ideas??

I'd scroll feather that outer white border (if it were me)

Put square feather shape in the white squares inside the quilt, and triangular shaped feather's in the white triangles next to the outside border, and in the blocks themselves where the flowers are, stipple DOWN the white area, to help the block'd feathers pop AND the flower POP. Obviously that means SID around those flowers..but I think the end result would be beautiful!

Do something simple within the flower itself. You could just do a simple straight line following the shape once or twice inside the leaf's themself.

Or have the lines start from the point of the leaves radiating out into the wide part of the leaf.

That is very pretty!

My thought for the borders--since the two colorful pieced borders so nicely frame the pale pieced piano keys, I would treat that long expanse of white to a running design like feathers or leaves. They can have a regularly-spaced curvy spine and then some wowser feathers. But curves to offset the very graphic square-ness of the piecing would be pleasing. That's a lot of space to cover and a very eye-catching area that needs to be showcased--especially if it going to a show.

The pieced quilt does look show-worthy!!! I'd suggest quilting an alternative motif in the white patch on point between the pieced squares, to add interest.

To win a ribbon, I'd develop a style that is in sync with the pieced block, so that the result is a unique quilting design, rather than standard. In other words, if you do the feather border concept, make the feathers in a style that coordinates with the piecing.

Thanks girls. I'm at the store today so I will start this quilt tomorrow. Wish me luck. What do you think of an 's' shaped feather in the squares so it looks like the feathers are travelling? I could do 1 row going up then one coming down. What do you think that will look like? Honesty please. Also not sure what you mean by scroll. Do you mean the amish ones? Thanks again. What about the little squares? I thought I'd line dance in those.

Tracey

Archived