/Rotary Cutting Mats

Someone (within the last week) mentioned wanting a Rotary cutting mat. Joann's has them on sale in their current ad. 40% off on Olfa, Fiskars and Dritz from Feb. 12 thru Feb. 25. Also, in same ad from Fri-Mon, Feb. 17-20 all Fiskers Sewing & Cutting Tools arre 50% off.

Don't have an affiliation with Joanns - just love my Rotary Cutting mats. It makes squaring up things so much easier. Have 2 different sizes; one is a green Olfa and the other is a yellow Fiskars. Think Olfa is 17" square and the Fiskars is a small one. But Fiskars does sell a 14" rotating mat and they are less expensive than Olfa's. Plus if you have their flyer, from 2-17 thru 2-20-2012, there is a10% off total purchase coupon. Am buying a birthday present for a friend who doesn't have one of these. Just a satisfied consumer.

Marilyn

Guest Linda S

My Olfa mats have worn out way too quickly. I have a Fiskars mat that's been around for a long time and I've got some Salem white pinnable mats that really rock.

As usual, I was not too clear on my post. I posted about the sale as someone on this site had mentioned wanting the rotary cutting mats that are inthe turntable form. They come in several different sizes and are really handy. Sorry about that. Confusion usually reigns supreme at this household.

Marilyn

I still have the first cutting mat I bought, many years ago. I have a mix of brands but none are wearing out.

I too had one that was warped by being behind the sofa when traveling in the RV.

I was told several times to lay it on a flat surface in the sun all day. It didn't help, and now we have gravel drive, gravel drive in carport, and a very warpy surface on the deck.

A friend took it home and had it on their level paved drive, and left it there for two hot, sunny days. No help. We decided to keep it in case we needed something small for cutting or for crafts. Hung it in the fabric room and was looking for one mat and found it had flattened out. It had warped in an horizontil strips, and I guess it just flattened by hanging there for so many years.

Archived