Quiltfest Gallery - Part 4 -Dragon - now up

I spent the first 2 weeks of February in Llangollen in Wales with my machine. We were invited to be the featured artist at Quiltfest this year. I've got the first part of the gallery tour up on my blog now. I will try and add a part a day until I've covered it all. I think I had 26 pieces on display so bear with me, that's a lot of images and typing. The new dragon wholecloth was made for that show and will be shown in detail when I get to it, head included for those who were following it on my blog and noticed I didn't post pictures of the finished quilt before I went :)

http://ferfab.blogspot.com/

Enjoy

Ferret

Guest Linda S

It looks great! Where's the dragon pic? I see one in the distance, but would love to see it closer. I've started a dragon quilt myself. A bit different theme and I've no idea if it will come out well.

LOVE your work, thank you for sharing. I have to ask, you talk of soft leather, is it like a buttery soft leather and where do you find such leather? I think I would like to try it some time. I especially love the nudes. I hope some day they are in the Pacific Northwest and I can see them in person.

The dragon will be the second quilt in the next part. It's coming :)

The leather for those quilts came from a fabric shop in Soho London. Any garment leather supplier should be able to find you very soft hides. Those are probably goat, but the coat which will be up in the last part of the gallery was very soft cow. I'm not sure who would supply it in America but I am certain there will be someone. Search for garment leather.

Ferret

Archived