IntelliStitch Question

I have IS on my Ultimate I that is about 18 years old, and works great on mine. I also use it for personal use only, and it helped make me more comfortable using my machine because it gave consistant sized stitches. I've gotten better about not using it all the time now, but still feel it is a must for stitching in the ditch and when I'm using rulers.

Cathy: I have an Ult2 that I upgraded a year ago with I/S Turbo. I am very pleased. My machine, ZELDA, is a 1997 model. I had the stitch regulator added in order to do "artsy" things more than to simply regulate the length of the stitch. There were a lot of things I wanted to do that I just simply could not do with an unregulated machine.

Add a new table along with the I/S upgrade, and you basically have a "green" Milli as I understand it. I rebuilt my wooden top table into a 4 roller, batting accessible, unit. All the modifications cost way less than a new machine, and I am very happy with her. Since I had the I/S installed, I have not used ZELDA in unregulated mode. I have a Quiltazoid which I really like BTW, that I couldn't use without the stitch regulator.

I highly recommend the I/S installation. I also strongly recommend after market wheels if you haven't already put them on. There is a real improvement in machine movement with them. I installed Edge Riders, and can recommend them. (I think they are the only after market wheels offered for an Ult2) Helen B. and her husband Tony did the I/S installation on ZELDA. They came all the way from Los Vegas to do it. It took a day, and was hassle free. Nice folks. Good luck. Jim

I purchased my Ult11 last March and it had an I/S already added to it. At first I was not very happy with it, mostly user error on my part. Since then i have gotten use to it and I do like it. There are several nice features on the I/S that I think would benefit you. I like the basting mode, the stippling mode the best. :)

Cathy, My Ulti I is that age also (serial # is 265 - do we have long lost siblings located? hehe!) and I recently had the I/S Turbo installed. Works wonderfully - age really is not a factor on IPQS machines as long as the machine is taken care of. When I do purchase a new machine I know that whoever purchases my Ulti will be getting a wonderful machine to start out on. There's a reason these machines hold their value - they were built to last!:D

If you decide to upgrade to the I/S I don't think you will regret it . Also, when it was installed (November) I didn't have to pay any extra incidental costs because I was flexible in the time frame I wanted it, which gave them the opportunity to work a couple installs in during their travel time. So I paid the straight $2950. And do not regret it at all!

Archived