Thanks Anette! I've been sidelined by Fibromyalgia and Arthritis. (I'm only 53:() So I took up Crazy Quilting and because I can sit down and do that I've gotten a lot done. But with the proper meds and warm weather I'm back to the machine for as long as I can stand. It took me 2 weeks to get 1 100 x 100 quilt done. I'm getting stronger though - It is good to be back. When did APQS stop sending e-mail regarding these posts?:):cool:

I've seen off-kilter piecing quilted with the same shapes, only symmetrical.

Another idea, would be to take shapes from the design, such as triangle, rectangle and square. Quilt in an outline of very large versions of these shapes as an overlay to the whole quilt. Then fill inside and outside of the quilted shapes and overlapping shapes in different dense fills.

Would love to see this when you are done!

Hi Kristie.

I too suffer from Fibromyalsia. It SUCKS to say the least!

I was on meds for 6 yrs, then went cold turkey WITHOUT meds. Been that way ever since. I sit in an infrared sauna 1-2 times a week for 30-45 min ea time. It HELPS! Especially during the cold damp months.

Now that spring is here, and hopefully summer is FAST approaching, I can sit outside poolside and soak in the suns infrared. Which REALLY makes me feel GREAT!

I know how you feel about not sitting or standing for long quilting.I get a quilt I want to spend a half a day on..and CANT!

My fear is, one of these days, i'll have to sell my millie, cuz I wont be able to push her around any more.

Bliss is a possibility, but it takes the $$ to bliss her up, and I dont quilt much for others anymore. Mainly friends, family, and an occasional one for me.

Back to your small quilt. Have you seen Myrna Ficken's fill-er up? She has awsome ideas that I think would be wonderful in this quilt! You need to create designs in the triangles, etc.

It would really make that small quilt S I N G!!!!!

Originally posted by SheriB

Hi Kristie.

I too suffer from Fibromyalsia. It SUCKS to say the least!

I was on meds for 6 yrs, then went cold turkey WITHOUT meds. Been that way ever since. I sit in an infrared sauna 1-2 times a week for 30-45 min ea time. It HELPS! Especially during the cold damp months.

Now that spring is here, and hopefully summer is FAST approaching, I can sit outside poolside and soak in the suns infrared. Which REALLY makes me feel GREAT!

I know how you feel about not sitting or standing for long quilting.I get a quilt I want to spend a half a day on..and CANT!

My fear is, one of these days, i'll have to sell my millie, cuz I wont be able to push her around any more.

Bliss is a possibility, but it takes the $$ to bliss her up, and I dont quilt much for others anymore. Mainly friends, family, and an occasional one for me.

Back to your small quilt. Have you seen Myrna Ficken's fill-er up? She has awsome ideas that I think would be wonderful in this quilt! You need to create designs in the triangles, etc.

It would really make that small quilt S I N G!!!!!

Sheri I have one of her video's but it isn't called fill er up., but she does do some interesting fillers in it. I don't know what I was thinking for crying out loud, I spent 4 days in PA with Deloa and Jamie Wallen taking classes, I bet I can come up with some fillers. duH! That doesn't mean anyone should stop making suggestions - keep em coming. I need to get my fibro fog pushed out . :D

Originally posted by Kristiequilts

Thanks Anette! I've been sidelined by Fibromyalgia and Arthritis. (I'm only 53:() So I took up Crazy Quilting and because I can sit down and do that I've gotten a lot done. But with the proper meds and warm weather I'm back to the machine for as long as I can stand. It took me 2 weeks to get 1 100 x 100 quilt done. I'm getting stronger though - It is good to be back. When did APQS stop sending e-mail regarding these posts?:):cool:

They stopped posting several months ago. I used to like getting those by email. Now, I just go to "Today's Posts" on the Forum and read away.

I'd love to post pictures; however, until I get a newer system, I can't. As luck would have it, I am searching for another printer that can read the newer data card from my camera. I don't even have an avatar.

Take care of yourself. Good weather is on its way.

Archived