Flying Geese Galore - Need inspiration please

I would like help with design suggestions for this quilt. I really would rather do something other than CCs. I was thinking of either beadboard on the borders, and feathers in the rose panels. But what can I do to the flying geese? The owners doesn't like the quilt because she tried to make it look like it was tea stained but it came out too dark. She's given me permission to do whatever I'd like on it. I'd love to blow her mind! :P Thanks for looking!

post--13461908378595_thumb.jpg

That is the same quilt that my sister (Sharon D. quirky quilting) & I did for one of our nieces weddings. Loved it then & still do, hopefully I will make it for myself. This was back in 2001, so needless to say we didn't have our own longarms to do our own quilting like now. From the photos I have found it looks like in the 4 patch of flying geese is a CC's, threating the four little squares as one larger square, & the two triangles also just CC's. the rest looks like just meandered & leaving the floral of the flying geese in the border unstitched. That is what we had done, loved it then & still do. But now everyone has such great ideas, time has changed our quilting.

Archived