APQS Ultimate XX longarm machine for sale, photos

I need to sell my old machine.

It is an APQS Ultimate XX, #442. 32" x 14"  throat, yes, it is an XX large throat. BIGGGGGGG quilts. 14' table, Bobbin thread cutter. Still runs great and beautiful stitches.

Thanks to my wonderful husband, the very informative and helpful Patti Bulcher and previous owner Joyce Cox, I now own a like new 2005 Millie. Whoo hoo!

2003523350068737847S425x425Q85.jpg

2857313840068737847S425x425Q85.jpg

2108445200068737847S425x425Q85.jpg

2342934000068737847S425x425Q85.jpg

2518729990068737847S425x425Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is a motorized advance, love it. It is non stitch regulated, bummer. It does have bobbin thread cutter. You can do really, really large blocks or pantos in one pass. I do not know if it can be upgraded. I would think you can put IQ on it if you want. Biiiiiiiigggggg designs. The frame extends out.

Originally posted by craftyfox

I would think you can put IQ on it if you want. Biiiiiiiigggggg designs. The frame extends out.

It was just service by an APQS rep.

unfortunately, this machine does not have a needle positioner, therefore you cannot add an IQ to it. It could be sent to the factory to have a needle positioner installed, then you could add IQ.

Hi Sue, My Ultimate I has a serial number in the later 200's. It is from around 1990. The records were not computerized at that time, and when they did get records computerized our earlier ones were not entered. If you knew the name of the original owner they possibly can find maintenance records under that name, according to my experiences down in DM when they checked on this for my machine.

My real question is this, though - if the machine was recently serviced and they told you a resale value of $3500, why would anyone be questioning that? Age is not the issue with these machines, it is the high quality of their design and materials that make them retain their value as well as how they are maintained. I have several friends, and I see quite a few here on the forum, that search far and hard for antique all metal sewing machines, ie: Featherweights, and will pay a pretty penny for them. Why? Because they are worth it because of their design and stitch quality. Ditto for APQS machines!

Originally posted by Katydids

Originally posted by craftyfox

I would think you can put IQ on it if you want. Biiiiiiiigggggg designs. The frame extends out.

It was just service by an APQS rep.

unfortunately, this machine does not have a needle positioner, therefore you cannot add an IQ to it. It could be sent to the factory to have a needle positioner installed, then you could add IQ.

Just sayin' here, when I checked in at Des Moines about bringing my machine in for upgrades such as this on my Ulti I (before I had Intellistitch added on) I was told they no longer were doing that. Possibly because they are only doing this for the green machines they sell? I don't know, but I would sure check into whether they would upgrade with a needle positioner on this if you are a potential owner with intentions of adding IQ.

#442 was manufactured in 1991. If the machine has a lower thread cutter on it then it does have a needle positioner on the machine. However on the older machines, the needle positioner only stopped needle up. So I am pretty sure that the IQ could be added to this machine but you would want to check with Zoltan on that to make sure. Hope this helps! :)

• 2 years later...

Archived