Pray for the angel(?) with the broken wing...

Hi guys,

I had a very minor shoulder surgery scheduled for Wednesday of this week. Nothing to it, a couple of laproscopic holes, grind down a couple pf bone spurs and remove the covering from the bursa so it can grow back shiney and new. But NOOOOOOO!

The surgeon found that I had a torn deltoid (the muscle that makes your shoulders round) and had to make a 3" incision to get to that. What should have been a 2-3 week recovery has turned into 6ish.

I am glad he found it, because I still would have had much pain and we would not have known why.

SO, a word of advice, if you have shoulder pain, or lack of range of motion and mobility, see someone. I put it off longer than I should have, and more than likely made it worse.

With my broken wing, this angel can only fly(quilt) in circles........

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Caron,

I'm sorry to learn about your shoulder. I'm sure your recovery will be quick and you'll be back to fluttering both wings in no time. ;)

During your recovery, I'll bet you get really good at doing things with one arm, including quilting on the longarm. With my only one good left leg, I've gotten really good and creative with moving around.

Take care and get well soon!

Shana

Guest Linda S

Geez Caron - seems like surgery is a popular thing amoung the quilters this season. Fortunately, mine was very minor compared to you and Shana. I'm sorry to hear you had to have surgery, but I'm very grateful the doc found your torn muscle and was able to fix it for you. Sending you blessings for a comfortable and speedy healing. Let others be angels to you in this season.

Linda

Caron,

I'm sorry to hear your "wing" has been damaged. I too went through shoulder surgery about 2 years ago and from one angel to another....my wing is flapping just fine now. Mine was a slight tear in the rotator cuff, and I only had the laproscopic surgery. Do everything they tell you PT (and that is either physical therapy or physical torture, which ever you prefer), and you should do very well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Caron, speedy, speedy recovery!

I visited my mother in the recovery room after her shoulder surgery and made a horrible mistake that I will always regret...

I was being funny but she was still a bit dupey... I said, "Oh no...they cut off the wrong leg!" She was so shocked and upset the nurses made me leave the room. Sometimes trying to be funny backfires!

Lesson learned.

Have a merry Christmas and a healing New Year.

Archived