bobbin cam

I haven't figured out how to put it on and use my plastic base. We were thinking of cutting a slot in the plastic base so we can leave the camera there when the base goes on and off.

I now have to get some more industrial velcro because mine isn't sticky anymore. I'd love to know what others have done about this.

I am finally adding the bobbin cam to my machine. Is there anything that you would have done differently when putting the cams on the machine? I know it's removable but not easily so I would like to do this once. I'm putting a camera underneath & still want to be able to use my clear ruler base & thread cutter. Also, I'm putting a cam on top so I can see the stitching when working from the back of the machine. Does anyone have pics of this kind of setup?

Linda

Radio Shack has the type of velcro to hold on the bobbin cams. It is also used with electronics.

I mounted my camera on the left side of the needle.

Realized that the camera only shows stitches when you are moving left to right. If you do a panto that goes in both directions, the camera is on the wrong side when going right to left.

Debbie, there was a longer plate that I used to extend past the expanded base and the camera so you don't have to be moving the velcro. The camera is positioned close to the expanded base with just enough room to slide the base off and on.

I put the plate on the bottom of the machine using the longer plate...although it didn't need to be as long as the one I received. One about 5 inches would have done it. That way, nothing fastens to the side of the machine that has to be moved. The base slides on and off without interfereing with the base. If you don't position the camera tight against the side of the machine, it doesn't need to be moved when you reposition the base.

Use the longer piece that comes with the cam so it leaves enough space for the base to slide on. I couldn't see through my base at first then I really cleaned it and sort of "polished" it and I can see through it just fine now. What would I do differently? Well, I used all of their adhesive changing my mind about where to put things and it lost some of it's sticky quality, but my intention was to replace it when I got some more. Thing is...it hasn't come loose so go figure.

Archived