7 days and counting down quilts

Ya know I am not going to feel sorry for you. I only got my longarm this year and I wish I had quilts lined up and was still working on Christmas crunch. Maybe next year!

As they say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. At least I get enough to make my machine payments and some extra from time to time for new gadgets and suff for the machine.

Be happy that your business is successful and you have a wonderful Christmas as well. I hope you do have time to enjoy yourself once you are finished.

got my last one done yesterday. Is the first time I've ever got caught up since last year in Oct 2005...now i can really clean my house, every nook and cranny. I do have 2 packages waiting but they want me to use my new CQ when it arrives in 9 days...YES I'm counting the days now. YIPPIE

I've got 2 to do today and then I'm caught up, but anyday a lady from England will show up. She'll be here one week during Christmas and she always reserves a spot while she's here. She usually bring 6 - 10 small art quilts. They are tons of fun to do but it is hard to get my home ready for Christmas when I have to get those done.

Qfairy - Lucky you! What a great Christmas present - I want a CQ too!!

Sewingupastorm - you are SO right!! Last year was a slow one for me, and

today I just finished-up a big Double Wedding Ring. A lady from my girls

school just brought me two tiny table runners that I told her I would have

done by Friday...... I don't want to push myself TOO much!! No, I do need

one more day to go to town and shop and a day for Santa to "Wrap" things

up before school is out!

Get your stuff done now, because I think back to times when

I "could've - should've - would've!!":D But yes, don't feel

sorry for me either - I am having as much fun as I want too!!

And I only work as HARD as I want!

Good for you Cynthia - you have been busy! But that does make it easier

to be a good girl!!

I am all finished and everything is wrapped, except for a log cabin queen that I'm taking for "Sew & Tell" at quilt guild tonight. The big difference is that I only quilt for myself (and 4 sons and a daughter, a mother, my in-laws, friends...on and on) but since I am not in business, the quilting is my gift to them. I do as much or as little as I feel good about. When I get down to the last week...I make a necklace or bracelet for them, as I also do beading. This year I just finished several illusion (sp?) pearl necklaces. They are very pretty and will be loved by the young women (in their 20s) they were made for. It was sure faster than more quilting and now I can bake cookies:)

In a few years I hope to buy a Millie (or, maybe a Liberty) and then open a business for my retirement. Until then, I work full time and quilt, knit and bead just because I love doing it.

Archived