Dedication quilt for a baby boy?

I have a new grandbaby on the way and it is a boy. I made our granddaughter an Angel Baby quilt for her baptism and I would like to make one for the new grandson but I wasn't sure if it was too "girly" for him. What else have all of you done for dedication quilts? I did think of doing the Angel Baby quilt in a light blue but that's not exactly angel colors. (not that I know what angels look like!)

Aren't they all angels as newborns? One in pale blue would be gorgeous.

Or you could keep all the surrounding feathers but replace the halo with...

A cowboy hat?

A baseball cap?

Two fingers-up in a vee--the classic "photo-bomb bunny ears" position. (I crack myself up sometimes!:P)

A king's crown--like a little prince? I like that one!

Please post photos of your finished project!

LeeAnn, I did one in BLUE for my "adopted daughter's" baby.

I really didnt think the feather's were "girley" as baby's are babies to me. And the feather's were just the icing on the cake with it.

What I did do however, was I couched on the name/date of birth, in the top center square, omiting the feather in there.

I've tried posting pics of it, but for some reason, it won't allow me to do so on here. I can try again...

I think you can definitely do the angel baby quilt for a boy. I would make the outside design a little more masculine. You could do ropes or some other geometric shape or even add in some other more "boy" motifs. I think every mom would cherish this quilt and always cherish their baby's pictures on them.

Archived