wonderfil spaghetti 12wt thread

I have used Spaghetti often on my DSM for decorative stitching (I do a lot of blanket stitching on raw edged fused applique) and for some slow speed free motion quilting. Sulky makes a similar thread. I love the Spaghetti (from Wonderfil). Those 12 weight threads will run through the needle on your DSM with a 100/16 topstitch needle. Wonderfil also offers an 8 weight rayon that is beautiful for bobbin work. I haven't tried sewing with it in my George...I imagine it would work with a very large needle and a very slow speed but that's probably not why you bought it.

If you're looking for a thicker thread for quilting on the longarm, I can recommend a new product from Superior...they are now offering their So Fine thread (it's polyester but has a matte finish so it looks like cotton) in a 30 weight. It has a strong presence and sews just great on the longarm. Nancy in Tucson

Ardelle: Lucky you at Quilt Market! The 50 weight So Fine is my go-to thread on George. They have now introduced the same thread in the 30 weight (solid colors) and 40 weight (variegated). I am a member of the "King Tut Haters" club but I think Superior has hit a home run with the heavier weights of So Fine. Please let us know what you think.

I love the King Tut threads but find them a little finicky. I just used So Fine variegated on a customer quilt and Love it. That will be my go-to variegated from now on. I can't remember the name or number of this thread but it is blues, purples and greens and was perfect for this quilt's colours.

post--1346190858677_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Mrs.A

Ardelle: Lucky you at Quilt Market! The 50 weight So Fine is my go-to thread on George. They have now introduced the same thread in the 30 weight (solid colors) and 40 weight (variegated). I am a member of the "King Tut Haters" club but I think Superior has hit a home run with the heavier weights of So Fine. Please let us know what you think.

So I did have a look, but did not buy at this time. So confused as to what I really want. Looked good though....

Archived